Skip to content

Motorbike Insurance - Get a quote today


You looked for...

and found 18 items

Matches found in Motorbike Insurance - Get a quote today

Results 11 - 18 of 18

How to deal with an Isle of Man speeding ticket

If you've been to the Isle of Man for the TT or the Manx and picked up a speeding ticket you won't get points that are applicable on the mainland. Instead you will get a heavy fine and you may get summoned to appear. If that happens (and if you agree that you were speeding) write back admitting the charge ...

  • Riding & Events
  • Touring & travel
  • 21 September 2009

FAQ: Important legal tips for new riders

FilteringIt is NOT illegal to filter through traffic (travel between lanes of stationary or slow moving vehicles), but you do take on the chance of increased liability if you are involved in an accident. Any dispute would turn on how you were riding leading up to the collision, so don't hurtle up the middle of the road 20mph faster than ...

  • New rider
  • 17 September 2009

What to do if you disagree with your MoT

If you're not happy with the way your MoT test was conducted you should get in contact with your local Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA) office, who administer the test. There should be a poster at the test station with the office address, or you can ring the MoT enquiry line on 0845-600-5977. You'll also need a form VT17 ...

  • Motorcycle News
  • General news
  • 05 August 2009

Council road inspections: the code of conduct

If you've had an accident which you believe was caused by a badly-surfaced road, it's worth knowing that there is a code of practice that governs their inspection. You need to ask the council for their inspection and repair records for the stretch of road where you had your accident. If they had identified it as in need of repair ...

  • Motorcycle News
  • General news
  • 24 July 2009

Making an import road legal

The regulations for getting a bike legal on UK roads have been getting more complicated over the years and it’s easy to get confused if you have a bike that’s out of the ordinary, like a Japanese-market parallel. Does it need a Motorcycle Single Vehicle Approval test or just an MOT? The MSVA and MOT are different things. An MOT ...

  • Motorcycle News
  • General news
  • 09 July 2009

Legal advice: The ins and outs of loss of earnings

Last April I was knocked of my motorcycle by a car driver who pulled out at a road junction. I sustained heavy bruising to my lower back and buttocks and was unable to work for 11 weeks due to my injuries, which is supported by GP sick notes and physiotherapy treatment. That June, I had to be assessed by a ...

  • Riding & Events
  • Riding Skills
  • 03 July 2009

Legal advice: Don't remove 33bhp restrictors

It may be tempting if you are on a 33bhp licence to derestrict your bike, but it's really not worth it. Get cheap motorcycle insurance with MCN Compare As your licence wouldn't be suitable for the class of motorcycle you were now on, you would be open to the charge of having no licence, and possibly no insurance depending on ...

  • Motorcycle Insurance
  • Insurance advice
  • 26 June 2009

Insurance advice: I bought a bike with outstanding finance

MCN expert Marc Abbott is here to answer any questions you have on anything bike related. If you have any questions, ask an expert here Q. I bought a 2007-model Honda Fireblade in a private sale on eBay in July last year. I was told by the original owner that it had been with a dealer over a few months, ...

  • Motorcycle Insurance
  • Insurance advice
  • 15 May 2009


Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

MCN Shop

With over 18,000 products, MCN shop is the best place to buy your biking kit