New FJR1300 heads 2013 Yamahas
02 October 2012 11:00
The biggest updates yet to the long-in-the-tooth FJR1300 tourer, including high tech electronic suspension, traction control, riding modes and more, is the highlight of Yamaha’s new range for 2013.
The tourer, which was introduced in 2001, is updated with the following:
• New front bodywork.
• 2kw power boost due to combination of improved fly-by-wire (Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle ‘YCC-T’) and revised intake and exhaust systems
• Cylinders now ‘sleeveless’ like the R1 and R6
• More efficient fuelling has enabled a reduction from four to two catalyzers in the exhaust, cutting weight
• Addition of traction and cruise control
• Introduction of Yamaha ‘D-Mode’ system which enables switching between two performance modes – Touring (T) and Sport (S) – via a switch on the right bar
• Revised fork internals and spring rates
• New multi-function switchgear and instrument display
• New, easy-action centre stand
• New suede-look seat cover, side detailing and tail-light
The FZ8/Fazer8 also receives updates for 2013 – namely new multi-adjustable suspension front and rear plus a redesigned silencer and new clear-lens indicators.
The XJ6 Diversion series, meanwhile, receives mild updates in the form of redesigned side panels, uprated instruments, new dimpled seat cover, clear turn signal lenses and more.