Touring advice - Traffic laws in Spain
Touring & travel
04 June 2009 14:42
Spain has some of the best roads in Europe. Every rider should visit it at least once, especially during the colder months where the climate can allow year-round riding in leathers. Here are some key facts and laws you should know before you travel.
• UK licence holders must be 18 or over to ride a temporarily imported motorcycle (over 75cc)
• Use of dipped headlights during the day compulsory.
• If you need glasses to ride, you must also carry a spare pair with you.
• 31 mph (50 km/h) in built-up areas
• 55 mph (90 km/h) outside built-up areas on 2nd category roads
• 62 mph (100 km/h) on 1st category roads and
• 74 mph (120 km/h) on motorways.
• 49 mph (80km/h) on motorways and dual carriage ways in built up areas
• 37 mph (60 km/h) minimum speed on motorways and dual carriageways
• 13 mph (20kph) for some residential zones