You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > New rider > Bike Test vs Car Test

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

GUZOWSKI

Mar 06

GUZOWSKI says:

Bike Test vs Car Test

Hi all I have had a car driving license for 10 years but have recently really got into bikes and am planning to do intensive bike lessons/test, I was absolutely rubbish during my driving lessons and failed spectacularly twice. Does being rubbish at car driving = being rubbish at riding a motor bike? Am a bit worried!

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 9 years ago (03 March 2006 21:45)

Post a message in New rider

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
dude4301

Feb 06

dude4301 says:

bike test

if you have got it to bikes go for it i did mine last year .got a shot o my sons 50cc speedfight to go to work oneday when the car was having a day off , sold the car got a 125 an just moved to a 600 ..cant beat it ,,,well u could ,,but u know what i mean

Reply to this Topic
danny_g

Jun 05

danny_g says:

Miggs has got it right

All about road sense mate (and a little bit of balance). Thing that was strange when I first started lessons was how high up I was compared to when in a car, nice feeling though. If your a good driver now then you will be a good biker. d.

Reply to this Topic
rashton

Jul 04

rashton says:

Bike Test

Did my car test at 8 years ago and was a jibbering wreck (still passed mind), did my bike test 18months ago and thought it would be as bad but it wasn`t I thought I had arsed up my test about 5 mins in and completly relaxed because I thought I had failed. Got 2 minors in the end and was chuffed to bits. I would say as you are confident on the road from driving you are half way there. Just go for it :)

Reply to this Topic
peterosborne

Jun 05

peterosborne says:

tests grrr

you will find tht there is alot more to do on your car test than your bike test, i teach cars and am training to teach bikes and can tell you that if you have road sence (which you should have after 10years) makes it so much easier the only hard thing you will have to do is transfering the clutch from foot to hand and you gears from hand to foot, then your turn in the road but that comes with practise. at the end of the day though, if you dont feel ready for your test change your date and give your self more time to practise what both you and your instructor feel are you weak point. any how good luck and hope to see you on two wheels soon!!!!

Reply to this Topic
celticwoman

Feb 06

celticwoman says:

More Aware

Hi, Go for it... I've just got back into bike riding and am loving every moment of it... We are all Individual so don't worry about it too much, just enjoy the freedom.....

Reply to this Topic
Dark65

Jun 05

Dark65 says:

test

I had been driving for 22 years before I did my bike test.It really means that you have experiance on the road, so you think think more about controlling the bike. My car was wriiten off one night while I was sleeping. I had to get to work, so I bought a 125, then 8 months later did my d/a test. I thought I had failed my test early on. The just did as instructed, I couldn`t beleive I passed with only had 5 minors. I took my car test 3 times and passed the d/a first time. I was well chuffed had have never looked back! There is nothing like riding a bike, especially you make a 30 min car journey in 15 mins. No more queues.

Attached images:

1. MINE  
  2. R46ms  
Reply to this Topic
GSEXAARGH

Mar 06

GSEXAARGH says:

TO HAPPY TIMES

HI THERE,I PASSED MY CAR TEST 6YRS AGO 1ST TIME,HGV 5YRS AGO 2ND TIME AND THE ONE I REALLY WANTED {BIKE} IT TOOK ME 3 GO'S LAST YR. (I'DE BEEN RIDING ILLEGALLY FOR 20YRS). SO WHAT I'M SAYING IS THERE IS NO BETTER BUZZ THAN ON YA BIKE,AND IF YOU WANT IT THAT BAD, (IF) YOU FAIL 1ST TIME GET ON IT AGAIN UNTIL YOU DO.ONCE YOU HAVE PASSED YOU'LL WONDER WHAT YOU WAS ACTUALLY WORRIED ABOUT.YOU WON'T REGRET IT.ANYWAY I WISH YOU VERY GOOD LUCK AND STAY SAFE.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices