Skip to content

General New Rider! General

You are in... Forums > General > General > New Rider!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Cypher

Aug 05

Cypher says:

New Rider!

Just about to do my direct access course and I need some info on a decent first-time bike for a long inside leg [33in]. a few of my friends thougt an SV would be suitable for me. Just need a little extra help on deciding. please can you help? Edited by: DavidCushman on March 10 2006, 12:04

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 9 years ago (09 March 2006 21:30)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
rashton

Jul 04

rashton says:

long leg

I have a 33 inside leg and found the SV really too small. Felt like I was going to fall over the front of it all the time :( Nifty engine and a fun ride just too uncomfortable. I currently have a bandit for the daily slog to work which for me is very comfy, got a zx6r for fun which is comfy but may be a bit much as a first bike. Lots of good bikes out there just need to get on em and see which you like :)

Reply to this Topic
daijiro forever

Mar 04

pegs

i have a 35" inside leg and ride a gsxr 600 k4. all i did to get the bike to fit was stick on a pair of gilles fully adjustable rear pegs and put them as far back as they will go so as to drop my kness and it's very comfortable. just depends on if you want to spend about £300 on some pegs.

Reply to this Topic
TimmyMagic

Oct 04

TimmyMagic says:

The best thing you can do

is go out and sit on as many as you can. And I think whoever said the traillies would be too tall must've mis-read your post :-/ Where abouts are you? I'm looking to sell my Bandit soon :)

Reply to this Topic
coliwobble

Jan 05

coliwobble says:

Now for something completely different!

How about a TDM 900. Not as top heavy as you might think. Reasonable build quality, taller than a traditional 600, more comfortable than a sports 600. Cheap to run and insure. Quick enough for weekend blasts and everyday practical. BMW R1150GS is better, but more expensive. It feels more top heavy to me as well.

Reply to this Topic
KWAK6ftRider

Jun 04

KWAK6ftRider says:

TDM 900

That is the bike I currently ride, as with my length I found it to be extremely comfortable, but there was no way I could have afforded it as a first bike. It is group 13 and for a newbie rider that would carry a premium of more than a grand fully comp for a new one, and at least £700 for one a few years old, so I wouldn't call it cheap to insure.

Reply to this Topic
furyian

Sep 05

furyian says:

new rider

why noy try a z750s, i passed my direct acc last year and bought the Z as a first bike, believe me you wont be disapointed, ins not bad, cross between sport and tourer, best of the class.

Reply to this Topic
sgt61

Nov 05

sgt61 says:

first time sv

recently purchased sv1000sz i'm 6'1 and find it very comfortable

Reply to this Topic
Revlimiter1

Jan 06

Revlimiter1 says:

i went for a

5 year old CBR6, what a top all-rounder, handles well twist the grip back and your in danger of losing your license, and you can do distance on it, what more can u ask of a bike oh yeah and they dont cost an arm and a leg to insure!!

Reply to this Topic
Revlimiter1

Jan 06

Revlimiter1 says:

Fit bird!!

Timmymagic, thats a fit bird, is that your misses?

Reply to this Topic
TimmyMagic

Oct 04

TimmyMagic says:

Yeah right...

I wish!!!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN