You are in... Forums > General > General > BLACK RAT STICKERS

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

1DOOHAN

Aug 02

1DOOHAN says:

BLACK RAT STICKERS

who has them and what do they stand for?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 10 years ago (02 December 2004 18:09)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hugh_Jorgans

Jun 04

Hugh_Jorgans says:

Black Rats

[i][b]There is so much crap on this one, how can none of you readers have any knowledge of this?[/b][/i] They are used to indicate support of the Police Officers Benevolent Fund, which aids the families of police officers injured/killed. However, the use of the stickers - not too long ago on an issue of a magazine - by 'Joe Bloggs' to avoid being pounced upon/reduce the handout is more than likely not fooling these chaps, and quite rightly. I have recently got 3 points on my until then clean licence having played my luck big time for some years, and what did I do - shut my trap and played humble!

Reply to this Topic
AlanAldridge

Dec 04

AlanAldridge says:

Black Rat Stickers

That is a common thought how ever the are actually a generator of money for charity. Stickers and badges are sold and a lot of the cash goes to deserving causes. These days most tickets are issued by cameras and they are looked after by civilians. Its also a bit of a club for traffic officers who work in the M25 area mainly Met area. No different to you wearing a Honda badge cause you are proud of it....or simular. Any more questions. PS why do you need a sticker to say please don't give me a ticket...always be pleasant, say sorry it can't do any harm.

Reply to this Topic
andyhrc

Apr 04

andyhrc says:

Black Rat Stickers

They are a Police thing. Once they've pulled someone over for a traffic offence, they can't always let 'em off when they discover that they're cops, so instead they've got a sticker that tells them that they are "friendly". If you see a pack of Black Rats trying to ride fast, it's probably not a good idea to blast past them, even though it is tempting, however, if you come across one on a local A-road, they do know the exact trip speed of every Gatso, so by following them as they slow down, and speed up again, you've got a pretty good idea as to the safe speed for each camera. Endorsements on a cops license can seriously mess up their prospects in the traffic divisions, hence the reason they are so biased towards their own. One of the bike mags a 7 or 8 years ago gave away black rat stickers to confuse everyone. It's about time everyone had them to level the playing field a little.

Reply to this Topic
1DOOHAN

Aug 02

1DOOHAN says:

RAT HISTORY

just read : Parliament intoduced helmet legislation and after the 2000th sale of motorbike in 1904 this and other laws had to be enforced so the Queens Own Motorcycle Discrimination Force joined ranks alongside police. the QOMDF quickly earned the name "black rats" as the penalty for motorcycle offences was to have a black rat bite the offenders testicles for 1 hour. The head of the black rats ,Jebodiah Davis, quickly became a force to be feared throughout the country. As bikers became more vexed and could eventually take no more,in June 1905 the word went round that Davis was holidaying on the Isle of Man and 3000 bikers turned up with the aim of harassing him.This mass pilgrimage was covered by a story that there was going to be a race.Not knowing exactly where Davis was staying the bikers were forced to race around the popular spots on the island on the off chance of finding him........ more myths?

Reply to this Topic
gazzafornica

Mar 04

gazzafornica says:

Black rat stickers

either performance bikes or fast bikes gave some of these away last year, i put one on my sv650 and it didn't fool anyone. they are definitely used between filth who want to be recognised without saying " i'm a copper" but i was pulled over by a traffic pig in central london in the summer, he pointed at it and said what is that for ? i replied that i didn't know and that a mate told me to put it on, he "suggested" that i take it off as it would probably get me in more trouble than it would get me out of. Anyway lets face it they aint gonna believe i'm a copper cos i don't smell of tcp and have size 59 feet, nor do i have a stupid beard and call everyone sonny !

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices