You are in... Forums > Sport > MotoGP > British GP

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Si749

Oct 03

Si749 says:

British GP

Taken from Crash.net..... The home of the British Motorcycle Grand Prix will have a £4m facelift over the next year and a half. The Donington Park circuit is now due to start the second phase of its redevelopment to improve the paddock facilities that were originally constructed in the 1970's. Last year the British Grand Prix attracted a record weekend crowd of nearly 130,000 with 82,000 fans packing the 2.50 mile circuit on race day. To help ease the traffic flow in and out of the circuit, which is situated just off the M1 next to the East Midlands Airport, a £40,000 traffic impact study has also been instigated. Donington has the contract to stage the British Grand Prix until 2009 and last year re-surfaced the track at a cost of £1m. The second phase of redevelopment will start in October next year with the demolition of the existing pit garages and Race Control building. Plans for the necessary planning permission will be submitted in the next couple of weeks by Clear Channel Entertainments, the lessees of the circuit, for the construction of 38 pit lane garages, a new Race Control building, new media centre, extension of paddock one and resurfacing and drainage improvements in both paddocks. Work will be completed in time for the British Grand Prix in 2006. Improvements to spectator facilities will also be implemented before the British Grand Prix next year on June 19 A traffic survey (£40,000???)!!!!!! Oh that's much better then. I think we all can let them know the state of the f*cking traffic flow!

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 10 years ago (06 December 2004 17:28)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
vroomvroombahbang

Nov 02

Donington

Worst track in the world is .......Donington Park. A complete shithole. I really like these comments. "a £40,000 traffic impact study has also been instigated". Yeh Right. So they are doing a study, which means that the same absolute shambles will happen again in 05 & they will study that to see how they can make it twice as bad in 06? "Improvements to spectator facilities will also be implemented before the British Grand Prix next year on June 19" Does this mean they are going to get in a bulldozer to create a few more dirty slagheaps for us to sit on? No thanks Donington. I will set the video, go out for a ride to the seaside & when I get home I will watch it on telly with a cool beer. 1. Apart from the essess viewing is terrible. 2. Donington seems to think a stand is a slagheap. 3. Can't get in due to the traffic chaos 4. Bike parking once in is prehistoric. 5. Can't get out do to the traffic chaos. 6. They employ Pikey's as security gaurds!!! 7. The campsite is apparently twinned with Somalia 8. Campsite showers & toilets, don't make me laugh 9. Spectator toilets, worse than third world. 10. Overpriced & foul food i.e (dog burger vans) 11. Dust everywhere from the mud path at trackside 12. A wharehose full of overpriced tat. Sorry the list is endless & I don't have the time. Probably you may have deduced by now that I don't like Donington Park? I have seen many races their in the past, but swore after last years Moto G.P debarcle that they will never get another penny from me ever. Vroom.

Reply to this Topic
slowjo

Jul 04

slowjo says:

Vroom

I'm sure the slag heaps were put there in response to demands from the beer vendors as you always spill half of it trying to get up and down and have to go back for more. Apart from that, spot on, although I'm not sure which smells worse, the bogs or the catering :(

Reply to this Topic
mooncat52

Jun 03

mooncat52 says:

slowjo

depends where you stand - the donut vans always smell good to me (posisbly the reason why I'm so fat!!!) Burns chick....alas, I am Burn without the 'S' on the end, although my nickname at work is actually Burns, because I used to get really wound up when people put an S on the end....so they used to call me Burns to just annoy me, and it stuck and now I'm used to it! I only know Chris because I write about him quite a bit...one day earlier in the year he'd rung the office and someone answered my phone and hollered across the office "Burns, your sibling Burns is on the phone" but thats the nearest I get to being related!!! As for telling him he's cute or whatever, he tends to read this site quite a bit anyway so he'll see for himself ;)

Reply to this Topic
Zebd

Jan 04

Zebd says:

Oi Mooncat

leave the organising of trips to somewhere nice and hot to us thank-you! Instead, tell them to book with us! Anyways, on a more serious note, Paddock Passes are becoming more sought after as the granting of them is very stringent in Moto-GP. Whereas with WSBK they can be arranged at most if not all rounds for most people. Now then, we will shortly be inviting a very small number of journo's to join a couple of our trips next season, (and we might even arrange paddock access too!). So if you're a journo, send us an e-mail with your details and let us know what publication or site you work on. Zebd aka adam@moto-events.info

Reply to this Topic
darren997

Aug 02

darren997 says:

British GP

Did I get stuck at the GP last year??!!!???? EVERY BLOODY YEAR. I shell never be going to the British GP again.

Reply to this Topic
Burns_chick

Dec 04

Burns_chick says:

Mooncat52

Oh my gosh I am so embarassed! Does he really come on here to look? I'm 18 but now I feel like a 13 year old with a school crush on a teacher. I hope he isnt offended.

Reply to this Topic
norbert1

Jan 04

norbert1 says:

Burns chick

If you really are an 18 year old girl then I don't imaging Chris is going to be offended that you think he's cute. However, in internet chat rooms 18 year old girls normally turn out to be 45 year old truckers called Steve, so rather than being offended I think he should be afraid, very afraid...

Reply to this Topic
mooncat52

Jun 03

mooncat52 says:

hehehehe

Norbert, it sounds a touch like the voice of experience there....;) I thought it was the second coming of the kurtcobainwasmurdered person....heaven forbid.

Reply to this Topic
SueBarky69

Nov 04

SueBarky69 says:

Donington

Very happy that they are spending some money on the facilities, always happy to see smiling male faces. Mooncat dearest, like me your time would now be better spent preparing mince pies etc for christmas. We must keep the men happy. The fad for seeing blondes with a little grease smeared on their cheeks has passed.

Reply to this Topic
hope0001

Aug 02

hope0001 says:

Steve Trucker

Norbert Steve the trucker is very happily married these days to Arnold............... so i've heard Guy

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices