Skip to content

Sport Did you get stuck at the GP last year? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Sport > MotoGP > Did you get stuck at the GP last year?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

angusfarquhar

Aug 02

Did you get stuck at the GP last year?

Donington Park has launched a £40,000 traffic study to try and beat the traffic madness of last year's British GP (see related article above). Do you think they'll get it right this time or will it continue to get worse?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 10 years ago (08 December 2004 12:26)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
hope0001

Aug 02

hope0001 says:

oh ffs

MCN have become bit part players on their own web site Dave Cusham Sort your personnel out. look the following MCN thread for even more info http://www.motorcyclenews.com/nav?page=motorcyclenews.messageboard.forum.thread&threadID=17155#first Christ on a bike! it is becoming patently obvious that ol'tache above doesn't even read the other threads.... if he did he would know we've already discussed this. or does he just want a piece in the rag saying "we started a discussion - look" ??? Well? lazy

Reply to this Topic
darren997

Aug 02

darren997 says:

British GP

Did I get stuck at the GP last year??!!!???? [b][/b]EVERY BLOODY YEAR. I shell never be going to the British GP again.

Reply to this Topic
Zebd

Jan 04

Zebd says:

Did I get stuck at GP in 2004?

No, we got to our bikes and it took @ 20 minutes to get out. But yes, in previous years it's taken over 2 hours because of where we parked. Choice of food and toilet facilities in 2004 were better than in previous years. The number and range of vendors was also quite good (IMHO) However, the actual viewing facilities and toilets could and should be better. The traffic management also drastically needs attention. Given that, it is still arguably the best race event in the UK and certainly up there with Brands and Silverstone WSBK races. It provides a full race event with lots of support racing. Zebd who shall be there again

Reply to this Topic
Burns_chick

Dec 04

Burns_chick says:

qs

My dad went with my uncle and they said they were stuck for 6 hours. We thought they were lying but it was on the news next day. I hope it won't be the same if I go next time

Reply to this Topic
Si749

Oct 03

Si749 says:

be very....

careful what you say... apparently its completely fine and dandy to be still stuck in your car parking space at 10:30 at night - all part of the fun of the British GP! We're all miserable b*ggers who should stay at home this year (see earlier thread if confused)!

Reply to this Topic
Si749

Oct 03

Si749 says:

be very....

careful what you say... apparently its completely fine and dandy to be still stuck in your car parking space at 10:30 at night - all part of the fun of the British GP! We're all miserable b*ggers who should stay at home this year (see earlier thread if confused)!

Reply to this Topic
HOCKER

Dec 04

HOCKER says:

Donnington traffic probs

I think they could get it right if they had less brainless idiots on the so called security side and used them to run a system where each carpark had a warden who only let one car out at a time, ie if you had 5 parks a,b,c,d,e let one from a, then one from b etc til you got to e, then start again it might be slow but at least everyone is moving slowly and stood still for up to 7 hours

Reply to this Topic
turbooutlawuk

Feb 04

donnington

the place is not worthy of a gp bad traffic lousy viewing it may be a great track but get rid of the managment and get it sorted not even any decent tiolets they are just money grabbers

Reply to this Topic
Adieu

Aug 03

Adieu says:

Donington

No I didn't - not at Donington. We parked half way between Wilson and Donington, and were home within 30 mins of watching Rossi get the cup on the start finish straight(didn't go on bikes due to rain, and passengers not being keen last year). It did, however take over 5 hours to get through Scarperia following Mugello. We did have to walk 5 miles - all the way to Jerez following the race there, coz we couldn't get a taxi. We'll be in Assen next weekend. We'll get a mini bus to take us close, then walk the rest. We'll get a mini bus to pick us up from somewhere not static with traffic. Worst jams I've ever had, Monza & Mugello - both around 5 hours. I'll be there, as ever :)

Reply to this Topic
Beefus

Jun 04

Beefus says:

Donington

I think its a great circuit but a cr*p venue. Having been to Le Mans and Catalunya this year, I've been spoilt..especially as far as Catalunya is concerned. Le Mans - 55euros for 3 day pass, free programme, free grid line-up flyers, No xtra for seating.(Ducati stand excepted) Catalunya - 70 euros for 3 day pass, seat included on race day, brilliant track, brilliant vewing. Donington - 120euros for weekend pass with seat. Why don't they put in other seating areas around the track?. Rip off.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle