Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

hovi5

Aug 06

hovi5 says:

sv650s v sv650

whats the differance???

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 8 years ago (23 August 2006 11:37)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
hovi5

Aug 06

hovi5 says:

im 5'4 & 13st

and decided the sv650s is the bike 4 me!!! but i will have to test ride one 1st. what should i look 4 when buyng 1

Reply to this Topic
David Haydock

Dec 02

SV

The build quality is poor so they deteriorate quickly. Expect some rust but not too much. You want one that's been looked after. There are so many about you can be choosey. Full dealer service history and HPI check. Engines are bullet proof (even in our race series there have been very few let go even with what we do to them). Other than that usual checks. Look for crash damage etc....but in fact they crash well so bent frames not a problem. Do make sure all the frame and engine numbers tie up. David

Reply to this Topic
rashton

Jul 04

rashton says:

6ft 2 ...

got long legs and short body the small of my back was in bits, only way to tell is to try one. Whats good for my 6ft 2 gangly legged body will be different for someone elses 6ft 2 frame

Reply to this Topic
tumpster

May 04

tumpster says:

Comfort

Regarding the K3 model onwards, I would add that it does put a lot of weight on the wrists. I've had a SV1000S and my wife has a K4 SV650S at the moment, and I find my R1 is far comfier. This isn't due to the height of the bars (the R1 has far lower clip ons), it is down to the reach. There is quite a stretch over the tank, hence the additional weight on the wrists. Worth bearing this in mind, you don't get to read about this in many road reports.

Reply to this Topic
dougie399

Nov 05

dougie399 says:

Mines K3

and im biased... i love it! does put weight on the wrists but i got used to that within a month. Best way to see if the frame fits is to try it. All the things you need to look out for are the same as any other bike! Happy buying :-)

Reply to this Topic
ChrisNewbigging

Jun 06

Question for 'old model' owners

Just bought a mint, stock naked K1, and I gather quick riders find the suspension is a bit soft. I'm not exactly made of money, so although I'd like to get the suspension sorted, I don't want to spend £700 doing it. What's the common mod for the forks? Has anybody had the stock shock rebuilt? It's only worth £1600 so there isn't much point in fitting new forks and posh race shocks. Cheers Chris

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices