You are in... Forums > General > General > Vanishing police

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

greenpro

Aug 02

greenpro says:

Vanishing police

thank you Tony Blair for destroying the UK police force, and removing protection for the public from criminals. As reported in the press yesterday, now only 1 police station in 8 is open all hours. If you happen to live in one of these counties, tough luck, there are no cop shops open 24/7. The figure in brackets is the number of police stations: Cambridgeshire 0 (16) Cheshire 0 (16) Cumbria 0 (25) Derbyshire 0 (24) Devon and Cornwall 0 (62) Durham 0 (36) Gloucestershire 0 (33) Hertfordshire 0 (28) Kent 0 (27) Leicestershire 0 (22) Lincoln shire 0 (39) Norfolk 0 (38) Northamptonshire 0 (11) North Wales 0 (23) Suffolk 0 (22) Surrey 0 (12) West Mercia 0 (47) Wiltshire 0 (25) These counties aren't much better, they have only 1 cop shop open: Dorset, Humberside, Lancashire, North Yorkshire, Nottinghamshire, South Yorkshire, Sussex. But it is entirely possible, within budgets, to have a good ratio of police stations open for access 24/7, e.g: Essex 12 (47) Northumbria 14 (38) It is now entirely possible to be beaten to death by muggers outside an occupied police station, and for no one to come out and give you assistance because it's 'after hours'. And this has already happened. Businessman Stephen Langton was beaten to death last month yards from the police station in Henley, Oxon. He was shouting for help all the time but no one came out. His body was found later by a returning patrol car. The government says dial 999 for assistance. The Police Federation says: many 'response teams' on duty to deal with 999 and other calls are 'understaffed, over-worked, chasing targets rather than criminals and sinking in bureaucracy.' So that's it folks. Take up crime at night. Piece of cake. You ain't going to be caught. Now where's my jemmy, striped jersey and bag with Swag on it? No lack of patrol cars in my county booking bikers for minor traffic offences. Nice to know Blair and co have got the balance right, isn't it?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 8 years ago (09 January 2007 09:11)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
tazzer

Aug 02

tazzer says:

Aussie

Commie fools have ruined the country, it's doomed. Make sure they don't get in over there or they'll do the same thing. ;)

Reply to this Topic
tukai

Apr 06

tukai says:

stop

whining!! if we brits wern't such a bunch of pussies we'd get out on the streets and do something about it but we don't we just moan on sites like this! that's why the goverment give us all this sh!t because they know we won't do anything about it so either do something or shut the fu(k up! or take a leaf out the french's book and bring the country to a halt when ever the goverment screw up. but please stop whining!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh dear BIG incoming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
tazzer

Aug 02

tazzer says:

tukai

Well david kelly did and look what happened to him !

Reply to this Topic
tukai

Apr 06

tukai says:

tazzer

fair point mate but come on if we all stood together on these issues we could do something about it. but people just whinge and do fu(k all no wonder the aussies call us whinging poms!!! and breathe!!

Reply to this Topic
AussieCrasher

May 04

Good Morning

Go for it Guy's just start nice and simple 10 bikes side by side riding at 15mph in the middle of London, at Mid day, the place would stop. Deliver your pettion to Number 10 , then ride off. If that does nothing do the same thing all around the country at the same time same day. Its peacful and legal. Hoo Roo AC

Reply to this Topic
vibro

Feb 04

vibro says:

lack of police

my car was vandalised 3 times in 2 weeks.................one respray later and a new door,still no police...........roll on a month later they came round to follow up,i honestley just laughed ,told him to get back in his car and go,well at least i got a crime number for the insurance ,ill sleep better at night knowing if anything happened to me at least theyd give me a number.....

Reply to this Topic
greenpro

Aug 02

greenpro says:

French bikers

made that slow ride system work for them and it only took a day. But their bikers are all organised into one main powerful action group called (spelling) Societe des Motards en Colere (Angry bikers). Hapless can correct me. A great number of bikers descended on Paris in the morning rush hour. They formed slow-moving columns on every main road leading into Paris. The place jammed solid and no one got to work on time. Many gave up and went home. Same in the evening. And that's all it took to make the Frog gummint withdraw planned further restrictions on bikes in France. Same tactic used by lorry drivers here and tractors during fuel crisis. Worked at first but cops used their powers to book people for obstruction and tickets were flying like confetti. I still think a mass assembly of bikers would be effective. Would concentrate more individuals; the bikes are more elusive if cops try and nick them; and if they numbered in the thousands it would be hard for cops to act unless they set up road blocks. They couldn't do this in advance if the planners kept their mouths shut, but some nitwit would probably leak it. Cops, on political orders from No.10, would set up blocks to surround the mass of bikers so none could get away and they'd all be booked for obstruction. Freedom of speech? Freedom of assembly? You gotta be kidding. One lady, acting on her own, made a peaceful protest at the Cenotaph with a banner. Over 100 cops in vans arrived to 'control this serious menace to society' and she was hauled off and charged. If I could, I'd leave, but too old to do it now. :-(

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrog

Oct 05

vulcanrog says:

R1

I beg to differ on 'pick up the phone outside' I did the other night but could have grown a beard by the time D&C's control centre answered, Not on, I feel isolated from the police in my area & I suspect a great deal of people do in other areas of UK. By the way my son's binning GMP, He's had an offer from another force that he's taking up but he's under no illusions !

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle