Skip to content

General Registering an old bike for the road. General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Registering an old bike for the road.

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

revingtosh

Sep 06

revingtosh says:

Registering an old bike for the road.

Hello, I recently bought a 1987 KDX200 shitter which ive now spend a small fortune on, and now intend on using for the road. Does anyone know the correct procedure to follow with regards to DVLA etc? As far as a know the bike has never been on the road and so doesnt have a log book, etc. Ive got a V55/5 from the DVLA but it keeps asking me to refer to the Certificate of Conformity for information which i dont have!!! Is there a simpler way of getting a registration mark, and subsequently road tax etc.. Help! Many thanks, Mike O'Connor

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 8 years ago (03 February 2007 18:00)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
revingtosh

Sep 06

revingtosh says:

Registering an old bike for...

Cummon guys! Someone must have an idea Mike

Reply to this Topic
foxman

Aug 02

foxman says:

It seems you need to

register a rebuilt bike through a different route: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/BuyingAndSellingAVehicle/RegisteringAVehicle/DG_4022486 and this one provides good info about what you need: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/BuyingAndSellingAVehicle/RegisteringAVehicle/DG_4022316 It may be that the bike has been approved for UK use and you just need the details from the official manufacturer. Good luck

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices