Skip to content

News Goldwing airbag explodes New bikes

You are in... Forums > News > New bikes > Goldwing airbag explodes

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Angus Farquhar  says:

Goldwing airbag explodes

Honda gave a graphic demonstration of its Goldwing airbag system at its pre-Intermot show in Cologne, Germany, and we’ve got video of it going off on stage. Honda made a big play on its new push towards safer motorcycling and showed the airbag in action for the first time in public and you can watch the video below

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 8 years ago (25 February 2007 21:54)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
joeslow

Mar 07

joeslow says:

Why Honda?

This all smacks of public relations hype. Over the years I've spoken to many main dealer garage personnel about airbags in cars. There are quite a few instances of airbags going off inside vehicles without provocation, and also airbags that don't activate in a crash. The last thing I want is an big white bag going off by itself, putting me into a state of shock and causing me to lose control. I'd like to see a video of a rider on the same goldwing at speed with the bag activated without warning. If Honda put this into production, then it must be totally screened from radio and radar interference. All wiring will have to be properly decoupled at all RF frequencies and the control unit built to aerospace standards. Some cars with susceptible and complex electronic control systems are well known to malfunction when in proximity to high power radar transmissions, so don't think you are immune Honda marketing. Airbags are not the answer, rider training and high quality protective clothing are. More forwards please Honda...

Reply to this Topic
LaughingGas

Oct 08

LaughingGas says:

Video doesn't work!

Video doesn't work!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN