Skip to content

News Moto Guzzi Bellagio first ride Bike tests

You are in... Forums > News > Bike tests > Moto Guzzi Bellagio first ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

Moto Guzzi Bellagio first ride

Having just ridden Moto Guzzi’s new Bellagio, in the Italian Lakes, we can report that there’s now a new, credible rival to Harley’s 1200 Sportster.

We rode the 940cc v twin roadster/cruiser in the mountains around the town it is named after – Bellagio – and found it to be fun, easy to get on with, respectably punchy and with more than a healthy dollop of Italian cool.

It’s good value as well – at an expected £6,999 (significantly less than the Harley 1200) the Bellagio has flashy Excel wire wheels, good brakes and suspension and lots of nice detailing. Read...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 8 years ago (27 March 2007 16:41)

Post a message in Bike tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mjkazmierski

Aug 04

mjkazmierski says:

good value, ahem...

£6.999 is way too steep for a souped up Italian Virago... I had hoped it would be a viable alternative to the Sportster range, but with an engine closer in size to the 883 and a price tag way too near the 1200, MG have blown it. Whether you dig HD's or not, especially the perma-unevolved-yet-lovable Sportster range, they are evocative, which can't be said of a brand-new Italian chopper model with unproven and untested everything. Especially with a name like that... reminds me of the genealogical term for a certain part of the female anatomy

Reply to this Topic
botheras

Mar 07

botheras says:

Harley comparo

Don't worry, it does compete with the 1200, rather than the 883, it does produce just a BIT more power than the Hardley... and Bellagio is a town in Italy

Reply to this Topic
Slow Joe

Mar 07

Slow Joe says:

Griso

Nice in a classic way but the Griso is only a little more cash.

Reply to this Topic
Squadra

Apr 07

Squadra says:

Bellagio review

I am stunned that MCN have given a Guzzi a positive review. They have been producing superb machines since 1921 and I think its taken the emap press that long to find out. I kept expecting you to come out with the usual drivel abour "agricultural engines", "crude clutches", the usual rubbish...but to my surprise none of this was in the article. The Bellagio is a superb motorcycle and deserves to be acknowledged as such. I'm on my third Guzzi and my second California. No other cruiser on the market goes, stops, handles, all in comfort. I don't know what mjkazmierski's on about...souped up Virago my a***e! The fact MCN have positively reviewed the Bellagio is proof of how good the bike is...or is it that over the years of kissing rice burner butt you've managed to alienate the single, largest, most dedicated groupof motorcycle enthusiasts in the world, the Guzzisti, and your accountant's reminded you that you need to start selling more mags? Keep talking sense about quality bikes and you will.

Reply to this Topic
sapperk9

Oct 08

sapperk9 says:

Owwner for 12 Months

What a machine, a rider's joy.  I've ridden all the current range of Guzzis and this is the charmer.  Right power in the right place - anytime.  And it handles and stops like any Italian bike should.  For me she's anine out of ten.  The annoyance?  The sidestand light only comes on when you've stalled it, not whenever the stand is down.  Still what's an Italian bike without electrical eccentricities?

Bellissiom Bellagio...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices