Skip to content

General Fatality.. General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Fatality..

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

joeslow

Mar 07

joeslow says:

Fatality..

..According to the BBC website, a father and his teenage son on pillion were killed in Gainsborough on the way to Butlins. Police have arrested the driver of a Vauxhall Corsa.

Lincolnshire Police Inspector Andy McManus said: "There's something about road traffic deaths - I think it's because it is so unexpected, that this is a father and son on their way to a cracking weekend, completely, unexpectedly, gone.

"The trauma of that is phenomenal isn't it? Absolutely shocking."

Please take extra care this weekend, Joe..

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 8 years ago (21 April 2007 14:15)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kennedydpk

Jun 05

kennedydpk says:

Needless loss.

Ferret, regrettably if you ride/drive long enough there comes a time when you will come across a situation such as you did last Friday.

Even more poignant when a life so young is lost. Having had a similar experience a number of years ago and taking quite a while to "get over it", I can understand how you feel.

It was a horrendous experience and one I would care never to re-live. Awful for all concerned both family and people such as yourself. Makes what you have now all that more special.

Reply to this Topic
R6Fi

Apr 07

R6Fi says:

Y should the finger always point at us

my heart and thoughts go out to all of the families whos loved ones were injured or didnt make it home x

I live on my own and my lad often comes on the bak of my R6

i was taken out last july by a car which wasnt my fault never the less the other party is blameing me and its still going on (TOSSER) springs to mind

Reply to this Topic
evlcatnw

Nov 05

evlcatnw says:

pops

got knocked off a year ago - now the driver is denying that he got knocked off at all and that he happened to 'fall' 8 feet in the air & land 12 feet away, lay in the road sparked out whilst she sat in her car without even getting out to check if he was ok... grrrrrr

He's okies now but been left with back problems and still can't get on his bike because he's being watched...

Being knocked off can never be a good experience but why do drivers compound their injuries and stress and draw out claims that were entirely their fault in smidsy's?

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

evl

I'm afraid we have become like America in the insurance market (please no offence to Goudger on this one) but all these no win no fee accident claims are making the whole insurance business a little bit of a farce.

Reply to this Topic
leepin99

Oct 07

leepin99 says:

Well..

one of the comments said it all really, the longer your out there the quicker the odds come down, that having been said stopping at home isnt an option is it? When your done your done and if you stopped at home youd only get electrocuted in the shower when you cud have been riding the helmsley road. Remember, drink, smoke, take 3 sugars in your tea and always add salt..lifes too short not too..or it might be

Reply to this Topic
whitesox

Apr 05

whitesox says:

leepin

Leepin I totally agree with you..

If i die while on my bike i hope to god that its due to my own stupidity rather then some other muppet on the road. Its easier to accept for families in that way in my opinion.

Reply to this Topic
leepin99

Oct 07

leepin99 says:

Yeah..

if you only take yourself out then itl hurt sum1 close 2 u 4 sure but at least you dont wake up in hospital and have to live with having wiped out a fellow being or look down from y cloud and see the knob in the dock getting 3 points and a fine while your nearest and dearest watch, god this is cheery.. role on the bikesport season and hope we all live enough to tell jack burnicle to shut the fuck up

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle