You are in... Forums > General > General > Insurance

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

saberside1

Dec 04

saberside1 says:

Insurance

I am doing my direct access soon and trying to find insurance for the for a SV650 Sport the bike I want to get when I pass my test!

I live in London, the cheapest quote I got so far is £716 which is quite high do any of you guys that live in London know of any good insurances companies that won't charge a fortune. The bike will be in a garaged and alarmed. Thanks

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (22 April 2007 16:50)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
scorps

Jan 03

scorps says:

to be honest

i think the amount youve been quoted isnt unrealistic for a first bike, mine was only a little 500 when i passed and i had to pay just under 500 however im paying under 200 now for a gixer but its been a few no claim years to get it this low

Reply to this Topic
cheeseybeans

Mar 04

cheeseybeans says:

You could try Ramasis, they're pretty cheap by all accounts. Mitchell and Partners / Bennetts? I'm with Ebike who can offer a reasonable discount over other insurers being a web based insurance company. They were certainly cheaper than other firms I tried.

Reply to this Topic
tonythomas

Dec 05

tonythomas says:

SaberSide1

I paid £650, for my sv650 parked in the street in north london, no alarm.

yours sounds ok depending on your age. Mine is with the Norwich union suzuki scheme via bennets.....

Reply to this Topic
joeslow

Mar 07

joeslow says:

I recommend..

..ebike insurance, simple, cheap, and with their automated service you can have your policy ready quickly and pay for it online. If you have a printer a .pdf file of your cover note is available to print out so you can be ready to ride within hours.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
drsqueelgood

Apr 05

drsqueelgood says:

Insurance

You could try Westhill, based in South east London (Bexleyheath). I got a really good deal but then I am old and have been riding for about a million years!!

Reply to this Topic
sean

Aug 02

sean says:

MCN

Buy MCN this week, Take a day off and 1st Phone every free phone Insurance broker in MCN about 10-12, then start on the 0845 cheap rate then do the 01 numbers on your moble if you get free minutes, when ever anyone asks you for your best quote take £50 off your real best one by the end of the day you will be bored to death with all of it but will have the best quote possible.

Good Luck

Sean.

Reply to this Topic
saberside1

Dec 04

saberside1 says:

Insurance

I have time off next week so its worth a try! Trying to get the training booked and the next test aren't avaiable until June grr thats a long time to wait. Oh I tried ebike insurance £144/month not paying that! I'll have a look the companies suggested next week, tied up at work till then. Oh Tony I live not too far from Brent Cross, nr the A41, so North West is where I am at. Oh I am 27.

Reply to this Topic
joeslow

Mar 07

joeslow says:

Flippin' 'eck..

..That is pricey from e-bike, me-thinks they only like old gits like me :). Seriously if you take Seans advice you should end up with a decent deal. I was in the twickenham branch of infinity motorcycles the other week and the sales-bloke there was insured with CIA & recommends them highly, so it shouldn't hurt to put them on your must-ring list. Good luck mate :)

Reply to this Topic
tonythomas

Dec 05

tonythomas says:

well

I've got a decaded on you (uh hmmm) :-)

I'm only a few miles from Brent Cross, NW3..

quote sounds ok given age i reckon but worth trying a few more...some give good discounts for being gararged...

drop me a line when u pass and we'll go for a blast...good luck!!!

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Tis where you live

In a recent report it turns out that of the top 10 theft hotspots in the UK, 8 of them are in london. If you want cheaper insurence then you'll need either to garage the bike or live outside of the smog.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle