Skip to content

General would i be a complete *** to buy this? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > would i be a complete *** to buy this?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

OrangeSpoon

Apr 07

OrangeSpoon says:

would i be a complete *** to buy this?

hi all, i'm new to this forum and also about to go through direct access training.

i want to invest in a good quality helmet but am worried about looking like a complete t**t with one of those fancy lids,

is a Shoei Raid II too much to start with?

i suppose i am asking if price = protection?

cheers

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 8 years ago (24 April 2007 14:23)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
BikeBuzz

Nov 06

BikeBuzz says:

Lids...

I've got my DA test on friday and have just got a new lid. I went to my local hein gericke dealer and was prepared to pay rather alot for a fancy one but was properly advised and fitted up and spent far less than I was planning or prepared to. Complete top service and well worth knowing it fits properly and does the job.

Reply to this Topic
OrangeSpoon

Apr 07

OrangeSpoon says:

doh!

"white reflects heat and black absorbs it"

heh, stoopid question sorry, working is distracting me from the more important things :)

Reply to this Topic
blademurph

Jul 04

blademurph says:

Get the fit

sorted first. when i was getting my new lid I tried on loads but only a few felt really comfortable, so was able to choose from them. if your traveling any distance the last thing you need is some piece of foam or clip annoying the hell out of you.

Reply to this Topic
OrangeSpoon

Apr 07

OrangeSpoon says:

places with a good selection in store

can anyone recommend somewhere in London where they have a large range to try on? cheers

Reply to this Topic
tonythomas

Dec 05

tonythomas says:

theres a few

Hein Gerike is ok in Kenton, there's Sondell in in Islington which has quite a lot and also the Tower of London but they tend to be a bit old fashioned ;-)

I got mine (Shoei Z1000) from Infinity in Holborn...there's some Oz guys there who are honest and helpful...

or the t'internet of course

Reply to this Topic
ewanburnett

Apr 07

ewanburnett says:

Mmmmmmmmmmm what

If your going to be a biker who worries about what others think you better get into a car and be a clone. bikeing is about having good times and their is many a good time to be had on a bike. get the best gear you can buy and dont worry about anyone els.

Reply to this Topic
dhustonedave

Apr 07

dhustonedave says:

dont waste money

i've got an old lid in the shed that my grandad used in the 60's and 70's in the TT's and then to collect eggs in when he moved to the farm. it has a small repair in it with araldite so you can have it for just a tenner

p.s just kidding spend as much as you can afford but go for fit over looks

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
BrandsR6

Oct 05

BrandsR6 says:

Definitely not a complete ***

My advice would be to buy the best helmet you can afford and try plenty on to get the best fit for you. When doing your training, you will probably be more respected for paying out for the best lid you can afford rather than buying a cheap budget one. Although helmets have to pass the same tests, some manufacturers seem to go a bit further with safety.... check out Ride magazine's test from a couple of years ago by clicking the following link:

http://www.ridetriangles.com/pdf/643/221609.pdf

Good luck with the training!

Reply to this Topic
OrangeSpoon

Apr 07

OrangeSpoon says:

ewanburnett

i am new so please forgive me if i don't understand the riding culture oh mighty prophet of coolness

many thanks to everyone else with great advice and non-judgemental comments! :o)

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

ditto

all the advice, a good dealer will assist you wisely, but, and I mean this most adamantly, do not buy a lid with antlers attatched

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices