Skip to content

General earplugs or ipod? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > earplugs or ipod?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

dhustonedave

Apr 07

dhustonedave says:

earplugs or ipod?

is it safe to listen to music on your bike

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 8 years ago (16 May 2007 20:41)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Poke

Aug 02

Poke says:

I'm with Si600

Ear plugs are to protect your ears. I wear them on my bike cos my can's a bit loud. If I used an iPod instead, first of all the sodding ear bits would annoy me as I have funny shaped ears (no, not Spok!) and they always fall out but also, how loud would it have to be for me to hear it over my pipe? Ooer :blink:

Reply to this Topic
fastasfuck123

Apr 07

Storm Damage

What I want to know is how we survive the wind generated at 1## mph

In storms Trees get uprooted, houses severly damaged yet this never happens to us (Ciick below):lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KKKqoqEjFU&mode=related&search=

Reply to this Topic
Txbone

Jan 05

Txbone says:

Ear plugs

for me. Did you know that riding above 30mph you are above the noise level for work health and safety laws? So imagine what damage some of the speeds we get up to can do!!

I like to go fairly quick most of the time, but like to concentrate on what I'm doing, I think the music would put me off personally, the ear plugs just cut down most background noise. I have mates that use the i-Pod on the bike and won't ride without it, just not for me I don't think!

Reply to this Topic
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

plugs + speakers

Must admit to occasionally using one of those intercom thingys with a 2-way radio. Still wear plugs, but fit the very thin 'speakers' into side of lid. It all seems to work OK.

My brother in law can also plug his ipod into this set up and still hears everything through the plugs.

Another weird thing I came accross was putting my phone onto loudspeaker and holding against the outer part of lid - it bloody works! Obviously NOT while riding.

Reply to this Topic
kremmen

Aug 05

kremmen says:

earplus with speaker embedded

I have earplugs which totally cut out the noise around me..I already have poor hearing from years of riding WITHOUT thing like this and I don't want them to get any worse.However I have some plugs from these people http://www.ultimateear.com/ and I find the earplug with the "speaker" built in ideal and no distraction .

Paul

Reply to this Topic
Mickly

Dec 02

Mickly says:

Plugs

Ear plugs,  to protect from  the wind noise and the sound of my own voice - goes summat like this "bendSh*ttoofasthardbrakesSh*tSh*tSh*tphewdon'tpulloutyouknobgetthefcukottamywaybollockswronggearlookfurtheraheadhumpbackweeeeebloodygravelmorepotholesshesfitsh*ttrafficsstoppedfiltercarefulcarefulclearfasterfasterspeedvanthankfcukitwasn'tdon'tforgettobreathe" And your supposed to relax!!! I'd deafen a pillion if I had an intercom.:wacko:

Mickly

Reply to this Topic
Starman ZZR600

Apr 07

Nothing for me thanks!

Maybe its all a matter of choice, depends on what you're comfortable with.
As a car driver as well (lol)  i don't have music on in a way that stops me being focused on the road etc sometimes none at all, and the bike well its just nice with the phone off or silent and no intrusions at all coz  my bikes enough.:smile

Reply to this Topic
LittleMike

May 07

LittleMike says:

Re: Storm Damage

Just a theory, but is it the sheer volume of air moving when the wind blows, rather than the speed its blowing at.  I imagine it being like riding into a brick wall, compared to riding into a sheet of polythene.

Just a theory? :smile

p.s. I didn't see the video, can't get on youtube at work! (just in case it was relevent!)

[This Reply has been modified by the Moderator]

Reply to this Topic
nerolab

Jun 07

nerolab says:

earplugs or ipod?

From someone who has developed Tinnitis over the last 12 months I would seriously warn anyone against using an MP3 player whilst riding. My hearing is permanently damaged from playing music too loud now and it gets noticeably worse after riding my bike or playing music. The other reason not to listen is the distraction when riding however boring a Mway schlep may be....

Reply to this Topic
LittleMike

May 07

LittleMike says:

Hey nero

Do you play in a band?  Ive noticed that after I finish a practice or after gigs, it's a few days before I can hear right again.  I'm a bassist, so I like the low.  You think this is messing my ears up?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices