Skip to content

Ask an Expert Ninja Zx-6r Idle problem please help Technical

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > Ninja Zx-6r Idle problem please help

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

alan.wooldridge

Jun 07

Ninja Zx-6r Idle problem please help

Hi

I only recently purchased this bike 2nd hand and this morning have started getting problems.

I was warmin the bike up on choke, i may have left it on a bit longer than normal and it cut out when turning choke off.

Tried  to start the bike with a bit of throttle temp was high enough to run but it just kept cuttin out.

i adjusted the idle and the bike started reving very high.

i now have the problem that the bike runs below 1 thou and cuts out or above 3 thou revs.

i tried reving the bike to get the idle lined up but then it stays around 5 thou revs and this was happening on the way back from work which was not good when riding.

May be a easy fix or may not any suggestion please.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 8 years ago (20 June 2007 19:18)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
PhlKam@aol.com

May 07

?

Might just need a good service,sounds like it could be running on 3 cylinders.Whilst doing plugs you could give it a "compression test" this will tell you state of valves and piston rings.Stop messing with idle,till you getting it  running rightI boght a ZX6 ,4 years old and the air filter had never been changed ?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices