Skip to content

General Wide load.... General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Wide load....

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

claschy

May 05

claschy says:

Wide load....

Hi All! It worked.... finally!

Well not really a wide load.. but a wide question none the less... Need some of your expert advice please?

I have some ladies Alpinestar boots (which i love), they fit great with my existing leathers and are very comfy... Only problem now is I have purchased a new racing 2 piece.. it has a section of shin padding and a bulky zip and I can no longer get the boots to do up! Sad

I've had a quick look around at boots on the market for a wider calf.. but thought I would see if anyone has any advice before I spend a load of money on a new pair!? Anyone had a similar problem?

Thanks
Claire Xxx

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 8 years ago (28 June 2007 12:29)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
foxman

Aug 02

foxman says:

Couple of things to try

1. There used to be a product called leather stretch, or something like that, which you could spray on shoes, boots etc and it would help them stretch to fit.

2. Is the shin padding removable - I know on my Wolf leathers that the padding is just velcroed onto the suit, so you may be able to just remove it as it is a bit of overkill having shin padding and shin high boots :)

Hope that helps some

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Can't say as I have Claire,

You can buy boot extenders that will stretch the leg part of boots but not sure how this would compromise the safety of the boot zip, I have used the spray on stretch stuff on a normal pair of boots and wasn't overly impressed, the only other thing to try is fill the boots with damp newspaper and leave it in for a few days.

Reply to this Topic
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

Flexolan

from your local saddlery softens / stretches leather. Not cheap but good.

My calves aren't the smallest - I use HG Cyko (is that sicko or psycho?) boots. Not the best but they do fit.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices