Skip to content

Ask an Expert Rons race school? Riding Skills

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Riding Skills > Rons race school?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

varanus

Aug 06

varanus says:

Rons race school?

anyone been to the Rocket ron race school? how did you get on ? what you expected ? enough time on the track?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 8 years ago (29 June 2007 23:55)

Post a message in Riding Skills

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
varanus

Aug 06

varanus says:

what a day

just got back was awsome best money i ever spent in pursuit of more speed, I would think little of spending a grand on flatside carbs or  similar money on a exhaust etc but for a mere £250 I got a rider upgrade which will make far more diffrence in terms of speed and all on thier bike with their kit Im going back for the fireblade day next year soon as the dates are announced!

Reply to this Topic
cw46

Mar 06

cw46 says:

R H R S 06 and 07

I went to the school for the 1st time in july 06. I explained i considered myself to be a slow/medium rider and was there to learn how to corner faster with the hope of getting my knees down.

i was lucky enough to be partnered with Leon Haslams Ohlins suspension tech (Richard Brendish) Which meant Leon himself spent a session following the 2 of us around (trying to keep up).

The day was also filmed for Rons DVD which myself and Richard are on.

By the end of the 2nd session the instructor Keith, was pleased with my progress and said my speed was outstanding for my first time on a tack, he taught me how to hang off correctly and i had my knees down everywhere except the flick down the craner curves & goddards. The last session was just brilliant, we were able to overtake most of the other riders and just ride as fast as we could.

The 2nd visit in Aug 07 was dissapointing,  i never got out of third gear and was constantly rolling off the throttle behind the instuctor. Whether he was a new instructor i dont know but he went slow round the corners, and told us off for getting our knees down

(which to be honest is one big reason why i went again) as the roads are crap in cornwall.

Overall it is a brilliant day out, just wish there was a 4th session as it goes to quick. It is well organised and The haslam family are great hosts. Next time i go i hope to do the elite course

Attached images:

1. Bike 05  
  2. kd 4  
Reply to this Topic
cw46

Mar 06

cw46 says:

the 2nd time

Heres a pic of my 2nd time, the only time i did get my knee down and before i got told off.

Notice im a fan of Leon (he signed it for me too!!)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices