Skip to content

News Kawasaki ER-6F owner report Bike tests

You are in... Forums > News > Bike tests > Kawasaki ER-6F owner report

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

cascadeair

Nov 05

cascadeair says:

Kawasaki ER-6F owner report

I purchased my ER-6F in April 2007 and use it to commute through central London to Farnborough. I am a member of the "80 a Day" club. Although I didn't really want ABS, I got it, and like it. This is a commuting bike. My DR-Z400S and Honda Interceptor are for fun. I have had NO frame cracking problems, and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (05 August 2007 16:47)

Post a message in Bike tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kawasakibiker

May 07

Cool comments from a fellow...

Kawasaki biker. Good to hear someone get so much from a cheaper bike and not feeling the need to go over the top with the horsepower - respect my friend.

Reply to this Topic
joeslow

Mar 07

joeslow says:

Top Bike..

..ER6F, just the job for traffic busting. Kawasaki have got everything right, it deserves to be the best selling bike of the year.

Reply to this Topic
odinswolf

Feb 06

odinswolf says:

fairing top panels.

I had to get both plastic fill in panels replaced under warrenty after they cracked. less than 6 months later they are broken again ( check at the screw holes) I have a 2006 er6-f. just wondered if the new bikes have different plastic?

Reply to this Topic
mjf65

Feb 03

mjf65 says:

MPG????

What's it like on the jungle juice and does the fairing offer much protection? My Hornet 600 (naked) is shocking if you rev it and it's no fun if you don't! thinking of getting an ER6F as an all year round commuter

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

plastic panels

each review i read of the er6f and the mpg goes up,70mpg is Honda c50 territory, I hope it's true i've owned a er6f for a month and mostly done short stop start commutes done 430 miles and been to pumps four times but usually only 10ltrs a time which is only 8 gallons overall.as for the plastic panels mines a 2007 model I put on a 08 plate, but the vibration I get particularly on the left panel is on low revs and throtle backs is really getting to me and spoiling my rides,if it was my car making the noises the bike is I'd think the engine was blown.putting my finger on the panel stops it but thats not a good way to ride.It will have to be sorted at 600 mile service.

Reply to this Topic
ginger 72

May 08

ginger 72 says:

fuel economy

I have a er6n and during run in period was getting 85mpg, since then have not checked it, but i rarely go above 5000 rpm and keep to speed limits

Reply to this Topic
Daveharman1990

Aug 09

My new er-6f mpg

Hi there i was wondering if anyone could help me please, I just recently bought a brand new er-6f (LOVE IT:tongue:) and due to being 19 obviously i needed it to be legally restricted. i am keeping it under 4000rpm always as still breaking it in (until next sat then i can take it up to 7000 :biggrin:) but i am currently gettin about 120 miles out of 9litres to 10litres which i work out to be about 52 mpg max? i've read though that this bike is capable of 80mpg... do you think that is because of the restriction that im gettin quite a low mpg or maybe because im underpowering the bike? any help would be greatly appreciated please!!

Many Thanks!

Dave

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices