You are in... Forums > Club Forum > Image Gallery > Honda CB900 1981

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Glebe74

Aug 07

Glebe74 says:

Honda CB900 1981

CB900 Freddie Spencer replica. CBR600 wheels and brakes. Braced swing arm. Keihin CR flatslides. Hagon suspension front and rear.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (19 August 2007 18:09)

Post a message in Image Gallery

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
nitrobusa

Oct 03

nitrobusa says:

Real Nice

I think it's lovely. Not overly in your face/lairy, but well thought out.

Reply to this Topic
il diavolo

Sep 07

il diavolo says:

yes

actually, must be honest, i saw this the other day, but i didn't look closely at the spec - this is quite a trick bike. it looks so standard that the mods aren't immediately apparent. given it 4* - i would paint the wheels and front fender to match them to the bike, but i'm not knocking it, i like it.

Reply to this Topic
Glebe74

Aug 07

Glebe74 says:

Thanks

Thanks for your comments, guys. The bike took 2 years to sort (admittedly from an ebay wreck). I went for a long run on it this Sunday, and with the 17" wheels, raised rear and lowered front it steers and handles really well. I only wish 80's bikes had 6 gears! By the way, I left the 'guard unpainted because it was the only one I could find to fit the 17" wheel - and fit between the stanchions (with lots of Dremel work)- and I couldn't face painting immaculate carbon fibre!

Reply to this Topic
SPIKER40

Apr 06

SPIKER40 says:

CB Nine

One of my favourites from the top 50 bikes. Great looking bike thats been tastefuly modified. A dead cert for the calendar. ps. How do you find the handling, 25 years later/ with the new wheels?

Reply to this Topic
Glebe74

Aug 07

Glebe74 says:

Riding it....

Spiker40: you asked how the CB900 handles. It started off feeling heavy, with lazy and notchy steering and an underdamped rear. Now it's much more responsive, the damping is more progressive, and the forks don't flex under braking. I can feel a track day beckoning once I've got more braking power from the front calipers. Mind you, it helps that the bike is nearly 20kg lighter than standard.

Reply to this Topic
princeofpax

Aug 07

princeofpax says:

Very Nice

Can only hope that mine will look as good one day.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices