Skip to content

News CBF1000 battlefield modification Consumer news

You are in... Forums > News > Consumer news > CBF1000 battlefield modification

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Bill Caveny  says:

CBF1000 battlefield modification

Got a new CBF1000 two weeks ago & I love it. Really love it. However, I've encountered a problem when using the centrestand. The exhaust heat-shield is a razor-sharp piece of stainless steel. It has cut my right Altberg boot, which I also love, to ribbons. I've had to make a battlefield modification. I've drilled 3 small holes in the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 8 years ago (04 September 2007 17:13)

Post a message in Consumer news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
enfield303

Feb 09

enfield303 says:

CBF 1000

I can't picture how you're doing this.    I have had a CBF1000 for 2 years , put 9000 miles on it and I always use the centrestand.  Never as yet had a boot problem.   I doubt that you're using the centresatnd wrongly , it only works one way.    Maybe worth taking a look at a 2006 or 2007 model maybe the shield is different.  Maybe worth thinking about grinding the edge down untill it is blunt rather than razor sharp as you describe it.     Either way , I can think of many reasons   [ apart from the fact that it is a cosmetic disaster] not to persist with a rubber a rubber pipe and cable ties in this location.   Happy hooning.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices