Skip to content

Discuss This Exclusive first pictures of the 2008 Honda Fireblade CBR1000RR New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Exclusive first pictures of the 2008 Honda Fireblade CBR1000RR

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

BenPurvis

Aug 02

BenPurvis says:

Exclusive first pictures of the 2008 Honda Fireblade CBR1000RR

Here are the world exclusive first picture of the 2008 Honda Fireblade. It's an official Honda picture, and we'll be updating this story with more details about the motorcycle as we get them. Thinking of getting a Honda Fireblade? Save money on your motorcycle insurance with MCN Compare.  

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 8 years ago (06 September 2007 09:41)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
pw66

Mar 06

pw66 says:

2008 cbr 1000 rr

R6 rip off "UGLY"

Reply to this Topic
washington

Sep 07

washington says:

posing?

I don't give a sot how it looks. Only girls should care about looks. I like it - if it's faster.

Reply to this Topic
jimmihaffa

Oct 05

jimmihaffa says:

hocus pocus

"exclusive first pictures" my arse...thank you motorcyclenews for building, maintaining, enlightening us about motorcycles...you guys can do it all...and have no shame in taking full credit for everything your midas touch lays hands on...seriously, can anyone at motorcyclenews spell modesty or humility or are these totally foreign concepts?

Reply to this Topic
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

Ugly

They shorten the seat unit a'la MotoGP and make it look more extreme,,,,,then chuck a CBR125 front fairing on it. It looks bloody aweful! When are Honda ever going to get the Fireblade back to where it should be?

Reply to this Topic
R6ex

May 06

R6ex says:

Fugly !!!

*PUKE* !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
trenny

Sep 07

trenny says:

05-07 Blade is much nicer

08 looks wrong. It's a cross between a naked and tourer, guess it's a bit more radical. I just hope this pic is a hoax!

Reply to this Topic
Deathace

Aug 04

Deathace says:

Armchair Pundits

I love the way people are slagging it off just by its looks, As I said before I personally like it but even if it was classed as "ugly as sin" then surely its better to test it before making judgements just on its looks. Yet again my opinion only but if your on the bike and the clocks are good to see and it rides well then the looks are pretty irrelevant as you don't ride around looking at them you ride on the bike itself.

Reply to this Topic
Jim_UK

Oct 05

Jim_UK says:

but

The thing is it might be a really good bike, and I guess there will be quite a few aftermarket bits to make it aesthetically pleasing. Gonna be a tough test :)

Reply to this Topic
jnh-hrc07

Jul 07

jnh-hrc07 says:

Thank you Honda...

For making this years purchase of a 'blade easier to swallow. when i heard about the redesign and saw MCN's artist impressions pics i was somewhat annoyed that i bought the 07 HRC blade and not stuck with my 600rr another year. Now i'm more than glad that i made that purchase. How it rides is important of course, but how it looks is another big factor for me. i wouldn't spend countless hours cleaning and grinning like a cheshire cat if it was that 08 bike in the garage. I'm sure it will handle well though, the engine looks even higher than on this years 'blade. but so do the footpegs, so maybe it will be less comfortable too...

Reply to this Topic
gsxr1173

Aug 07

gsxr1173 says:

blade

ho ho ho i would not like this bike for xmas.what the heck are honda thinking?the big long sticking out number plate bracket destroys the look of the rear?a rusty piece of angle iron would be better.the exhaust,looks like its of a double decker bus or is it from the starship enterprise?????the whole overall look of this bike is a step back from 07.cant believe that bracket,you could mount a third wheel on there and use it as a drag bike.sorry honda i dont like this bike ,try stealing suzukis designers.that bracket omg.i only hope there is gonna be some aftermarket bits to enable people to correct hondas mistakes.and yes looks are as important as the way it rides.sorry would rather have a pw50 rev n rip.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices