You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Suspension > Serious Front End Judder

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

PaulK7

Jul 07

PaulK7 says:

Serious Front End Judder

I am posting this thread on behalf of a friend although I did suffer from a similar problem myself.

After approx 4500 miles my GSX-R 600 K5 started to suffer from front end judder under braking (beit heavy or moderate braking) speed was irrelevant as it happened at high speed and moderate speed. You could feel it through the handlebars and through the brake lever. I never got to the bottom of what the cause was (although I did report it to my dealer) as I decided to upgrade to a 750 K7.

Unfortunately a friend of mine with a GSXR 750 K5 has also now got the same problem.

We have checked the discs for warping (using a DTI and not just visual), wheel bearings and have changed the front pads but with no improvement. In fact it appears to be getting slowly worse.

I have researched forums on the net and have found reports of front suspension issues with the K5's.

An email has been sent to Suzuki and we are waiting for a reply. In the meantime can anybody throw any light on this issue.

Many Thanks

Paul

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (06 September 2007 19:55)

Post a message in Suspension

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
1127kat

Oct 06

1127kat says:

Front end judder

hello paul,i too have that same problem.... sorry i dont have any magical remedy ..after trying several different sets of discs, new pads, wheel bearings, head bearings ect.. it was only when i tryied a complete new wheel with new discs did the problem cease..i'm not riding a new bike but it is a suzuki, have a look on my profile my bike is on there.... if you get a chance let us know how you get on.......best wishes ..mick h...

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
bandit fighter

Nov 07

judder

this eems to be a common problem on a lot of k5 model suzi's

it seems the little jap bloke in the factory only had 1 can of grease for the entire production run of bikes,so grease every thing all bearings especially the head and wheel bearings,as they seem to seize at the mere mention of moisture

and

:ph43r:BEWARE THE JUDDER MAN!!!

Reply to this Topic
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

OK. my mate just had this problem on his K4 thou.  After buying second hand discs, whcih were warped, he tried my mates 750 discs on the bike and the fault was cured.  After phoning Crescent he was told quite abruptly that all K3-K4 discs are absolute sh*te.  So whether that runs onto the k5 models aswell I don't know.

Just a tip to you all.  If you do ride hard and really heat the discs up.  If you come to a sudden stop, don't hold the front brake on in one spot on the disc.  The heat will build between pads and disc whilst the rest of the disc is cooling down   =   warped discs.   I had two sets on my rr, and after changing my riding never had a problem since.

Reply to this Topic
coburncream

Nov 07

coburncream says:

Sereous front end judder

Have you checked your Head stock ,might need a little tightning

Reply to this Topic
murphit

Nov 07

murphit says:

Just a thought

What is the rear tyre condition?

Have you got the suspension set to rider, or is it just roughly set up?

Reply to this Topic
partysausage8

Aug 02

Judder from front brakes

I have had this on a new 2004 fireblade and my current GSXR750Y which I have just put new EBC pads and discs on.  It only happens when nearly stopped.  Horrible judder and grinding sounds.  Brakes superb for feel and power other than that.  No idea what it could be.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle