You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > Injection bikes/Winter

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

DL Cool Jay

Sep 07

DL Cool Jay says:

Injection bikes/Winter

Having bought my first injection bike this year, are there anything i particular that will need to be done when I put it away for winter with regards to fuel? (not that I'm putting it away just yet, of course!)

Thanks, Jay

:blink:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (09 September 2007 10:34)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
shuggie1

Apr 07

shuggie1 says:

why not just ride it?

What's wrong with the cold? just get some decent kit...

agree may not be great if it's absolutely pissing down or snowing (tube is okay on snowy/icy days, but even they have probelms - can't see how snow gets in tunnels but then I'm not one of Bob Crowe's gang with haven't had a strike for a while so lets find something else to have a day off for attitude) but otherwise.. actually find I concentrate more in the wet as surfaces and lines more important, makes me better in the dry ...

Keep riding, that's what bikes are for.... did all of my DAS and test in torrential rain, then realised how great it was on a dry day...

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
urban-ryder

Jul 07

urban-ryder says:

winter

well I ride mine all year round but things to do is use a cable tie to hold the clutch in so it does not bond over winter.next fill the tank as you can get condensation in a half filled tank.start it every week and warm it up if you can. disconnect the battery if its going to be sitting a while and if its outside then bring the battery into the house as extreme cold can kill battery cells

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices