Skip to content

Discuss This 2008 Kawasaki 250cc Ninja - Hit or Miss? New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > 2008 Kawasaki 250cc Ninja - Hit or Miss?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

BenPurvis

Aug 02

BenPurvis says:

2008 Kawasaki 250cc Ninja - Hit or Miss?

The first pictures of Kawasaki's forthcoming 2008 Ninja 250 motorcycle are circulating on the internet - and we can reveal it's just one element of a whole new range of 250cc, four-stroke parallel twin motorcycles which Kawasaki is set to launch. As well as the sportsbike, there's set to be a naked Kawasaki ER250 and a Kawasaki Versys-style 250cc machine in the new line-up. You...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (13 September 2007 11:20)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
gary2stroke

Jul 07

gary2stroke says:

At last!!!!

To me, this is the most sensible bike to be put forward in years. With so many deaths and serious injuries on bikes these days (ok, often due to ignorant, shouldn't be on the road car drivers), often with younger, newer riders because there is almost no option at all but to step up to a 600cc sportsbike after the restricted license period. At last there will be real choice for a bike in the middle to step up to, to develop skills. I wish I had had that option because I certainly would have taken it. Added to which, this new "Ninja" looks gorgeous too!! I can only applaud Kawasaki for such foresight, I'm sure it will prove very popular indeed.

Reply to this Topic
petrol-head46

Apr 07

well done

I think its a great idea i commute to work on a cbr125 and yes its cheap and cheerful but my god is it slow, and if i wanted a bigger bike then your into 500`s or 600`s or buying an 80`s motor no thanks. I would buy one to commute on more power than your 13.5 bhp 125 but will still be cheap to run perfect.

Reply to this Topic
ZXR250A

Sep 07

ZXR250A says:

can it out perform the old zxr250?

I have been riding my zxr250 since august last year and i loved every minute of it i kept up with the big bikes when they didnt pull away and gained on them in the corners as i could throw my 250 around, its nearly the same size as the rs125 so its nice and light, and the best bit is when you thrash it so it screams at 18000/19000 rpm :P hope the new zxr can meet or beat this old zxr

Reply to this Topic
SarahC

Oct 06

SarahC says:

Comment posted on behalf of Mark

Hello, I wanted to let you-all know just how luck you Brits are to get all the "good" models of motorcycles and autos. You would think the USA, with cheap gas and lots of space might get them too...nope. We get only the big bore models, and then usually either only in black or red (Yawn!) Most nit wit US bikes believe "big is best" and start out on a 600, or even a 1000!. About 2/3 of them wreck within 3 months, never to ride again. Several years later, these same 2/3 morons vote to restrict bike speed and power! The 250 Ninja looks the business! Cheers! Mark Wyoming, RI, USA

Reply to this Topic
SarahC

Oct 06

SarahC says:

Comment posted on behalf of Chris Dilley

Yes absolutely Kawasaki is on to a winner here. There is a massive gap in the market for smaller capacity bikes. I would love to see the 400cc sports bike come back. Super light great around the corners giving those boys on the blades red faces ha-ha. Just a whole load of fun.

Reply to this Topic
crazyeddy

Sep 06

crazyeddy says:

33.5bhp?

having had time to think about this bike it's quite likely it will be around the 33.5bhp british legal limit. this would make it a fantastic alternative to a 125cc bike. however the majority of riders on 125s ride one as a learner meaning a 250 could not be a replacement. a better idea would be a 400 or 500cc parralel twin with around 60bhp as the next step up from a 125

Reply to this Topic
hondagixer

Aug 02

hondagixer says:

interesting?

the asking price will be interesting as well as what the bike can do considering there is plenty of good second hand 400s out there. i'll wait and see but this maybe a good bike for going back and forth to work so you can have some fun.

Reply to this Topic
eddyvan

Jan 04

eddyvan says:

Its rubbish

I had a zxr250 baby ninja back in the mid nineties it was a four cylinder 16 valve buss bomb that revved to 19000 rpm.The zxr 250 was the same size as the k1s and better braking perfomance of the 400.What i think all the japanese manufactures should do is bring back all the four hundreds back as they were cheap to insure and bulid rider confidence.Why should we go back in time with the 250 twins. Any body rember the super dream?

Reply to this Topic
ben_kidd

Sep 07

ben_kidd says:

HIT!!

There are no good looking bikes for those coming off a 125 and are not sure if a 600CC Sports is too much for a new rider. This looks good and It should be safer for me (in theory!!) as I have passed my test but have only been riding 2 months. I am bored of my CBR125R. All the 400CC sports look like 80s throwbacks, Ok I know a lot of bikers love the old VFR400s but they are a good 10+years old now, and it shows. If they are going to do this they might as well make a 400cc though!!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
mrmitsui

Sep 07

mrmitsui says:

MISS 4 ME

:dopeyhmmmm:A miss for sure, a twin cylinder 4 stroke twin, aka superdream  or z250..will not be for someone who wants a bike to give them a thrill to ride and the sound a paralel twin makes is equal to a double fart......if only we could have the wonderfull 2 strokes back, i'd be buying one myself...all they need to do is invest in a decent cat converter...for those who missed out on the 250 strokers..well you all missed a golden era...the sound the smell of the two sroke oil...the sharp power band and the exciting bikes the jap factorys made....ohh well I see 'great commuter' and sensible popping up about the new kawasaki 250 4 cycl.....snoor! ,,im asleep allready...

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices