Skip to content

Discuss This Pro-bike petrol stations Consumer news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > Consumer news > Pro-bike petrol stations

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN News  says:

Pro-bike petrol stations

Here's a list of all the petrol stations that have been praised and recommended by MCN readers for not requiring the removal of crash helmets, or in some way helping stranded motorcyclists etc. If you have a petrol station to recommend, email it to mcn.online@motorcyclenews.com. To see the pro-bike petrol stations in your area, click the appropriate link below. South East of England South...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (13 September 2007 11:58)

Post a message in Consumer news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
urban-ryder

Jul 07

urban-ryder says:

pro bike garages n.ireland

nearly all maxol garages. all stations from larne to portrush along the antrim coast road avoid tesco garages in n,ireland at all costs

Reply to this Topic
GaryP-SV

May 07

GaryP-SV says:

Anti-bike petrol stations

I commute between Cardiff and Bristol and use the Tesco's near UHW as its convenient for me. They have told me in the past i should take my lid off as its company policy but the amount of times i have seen kids going in and being served wearing hoodies and baseball caps, and even muslim women wearing their full face veils without being told to remove them!!! The only other petrol station on my route is a Shell garage that charges an extra 4-5p per litre!!! I always 'pay at pump' now and they loose my custom on anything else i might have bought if i had gone into the petrol station to pay and i don't even have to get off my bike!

Reply to this Topic
davidh36

Aug 06

davidh36 says:

Petrol Stations...

..Look lads, if you have put in the fuel on the forecourt and entered the garage to pay, you could be standing there starkers with a full face on but they will still take your money, if they don't...ask em what they think of this when you slap it on the counter, don't forget to ask for change!

Reply to this Topic
skellyjelly

Jan 04

skellyjelly says:

Petrol stations

I worked at a busy "A Road" petrol service station for 18 months and never had one biker ride off without paying, even during the Bulldog Bash. But once a day (at least) some git driving a car did exactly that. Bikes are not the problem, it's the attitudes of those who don't ride them that is.

Reply to this Topic
oldfatfart

Feb 08

oldfatfart says:

petrol stations

Whenever I fill my bike up I always take my lid off,I now work at a BP station,it is nice to see the persons face as apposed to looking at a helmet,BUT thos stations who are anti-bike should be BOYCOTTED!

Reply to this Topic
toe_down_sv_racing

Jan 08

Why Dont You Just ......

Say "do you want to see my ID instead???" as legally either will suffice unless they are genuine police officers.... and you can piss and moan about statitory rights until they ask you to leave... besides, i aint had to take off the lid for a year in DA NORFF its just cos wer all ace :P

Reply to this Topic
Pixx

Jul 07

Pixx says:

Sainsburys

Having shopped at my local Sainsbury's in HAVERHILL (Suffolk)for a decade, and therefore having put over £50,000 in their tills, I was furious to be handed a grotty little slip of paper telling me I was now considered a "security risk"unless I remove my helmet. I have already asked them if I look like a security risk in my summer dress and sandals and whether I'd be one if I were black or were wearing the hijaab but the gormless, brainwashed idiots who work there merely say, "Oh I don't have an opinion: the management says you are a security risk." Well. I now wear a balaclava under my lid when I fill up the bike, and my son wears a helmet when he fills up his car. I find the allegation against me wholly offensive.

Reply to this Topic
DaveDragon

Sep 08

DaveDragon says:

Petrol Stations

Petrol Stations her in the Colonies :lol: are basically a free-for-all around the pumps with anything from a Scooter up to Lorries contending for an open pump.

Most of the stations I frequent don't mind me entering the store with my helmet on as long as the face is visible, which mine is via the Caberg Justissimo Helmet I wear.

-Dave

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices