Ask an Expert honda cbr 900 1998 model Tyres

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Tyres > honda cbr 900 1998 model

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

simonblackwood

Sep 07

honda cbr 900 1998 model

:blink: hi simon from belfast.  i have a cbr 9001998 model and wish to know which recommendations there would be for tyres for my bike.  i use this bike for leisure occassionally and trackdays very occassionally and want an all round tyre.    what recommendations would u have please

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 8 years ago (16 September 2007 10:15)

Post a message in Tyres

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Dunlop Tyres

Apr 07

Dunlop Tyres says:

Dunlop recommendation

Hi Simon,

As the years go by your choice of 16" front tyres reduces. But don't worry, we're not about to stop developing and selling them any time soon, there's just less choice, that's all.

At Dunlop we make the Sportmax Qualifier for your bike and since we designed it for all round sport street riding with the odd tack day thrown in it looks to me like it matches your needs.

The Qualifier grips well in all weather conditions, with exceptional dry road grip. Steering is progressive and accurate, stability is very good and the rider feedback is top drawer. It's also used by the California Superbike School, so it's on-track pedigree is well proven.

As you know, your sizes are 130/70 ZR16 and 180/55 ZR17. Inflation pressures for the road are 2.5 bar (36 psi) front and 2.9 bar (42 psi) rear.

For track days use 2.1/2.2 bar (30/31 psi) front and 1.90/2.0 bar (28/29 psi) rear. Your exact track day setting will depend somewhat on air/track temperature, track surface and how you like your bike to feel.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bridgestone

Mar 07

Bridgestone says:

honda cbr 900 1998 model

Hi Simon,

At Bridgestone we offer the BT-014, which as you may know is, and has been, OE on many of the latest sports bikes. It offers unrivalled all round ability and is also the tyre of choice on the Ron Haslam Race School. The school do not change tyres when the conditions change, they use them no matter what and they perform excellently.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices