Skip to content

General Accidents and death rates. General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Accidents and death rates.

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

lmlmlmjm

Jan 06

lmlmlmjm says:

Accidents and death rates.

Just found this info on a website. Interesting reading for all the groups that want ban motorcyles. They maybe ought to ban cycling and walkin first !!

There were 675 pedestrian deaths 1% more than 2005. Serious casualties (inc fatalities) fell by 1% to 7,051. The all inclusive pedestrian casualty figure fell by 7% to 30,982

In 2006, the number of casualties among motorcycle users increased by 5% to 599. The all inclusive motorcycle casualty list for 2006 was 23,326 down 6%.

Pedal cyclist casualties fell from 16,561 in 2005 to 16,196, a drop of 2%. The number of cyclists killed or seriously injured fell by 1% overall to 2296, and the number of fatalities fell marginally by 1% to 146.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 8 years ago (22 September 2007 19:54)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
parapanfan

Apr 06

parapanfan says:

All these stats are bad but only the m/c shows an increase

That is what they would put as the reason for more speed legislation even though it clearly doesn't work.

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrog

Oct 05

vulcanrog says:

Ah but

also included in motorcycle accident stats will be the little chav twats who aren't actually motorcyclists.  Steal a bike crash it it goes on the stats.  Chav dad get a free minimoto with a contrak fone innit den e givs it two iss sun an den dah sun crasheses it see den dat gits putt on dah haccidint statishtiks dunnit sea ----------- innit -------yeh wikid

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrog

Oct 05

vulcanrog says:

para

ow cum yoo as gold medill den an i as only got dah silvah i as got der mor postes dan yoo as ---- innit man:blink:

Reply to this Topic
parapanfan

Apr 06

parapanfan says:

Gold?

HTF do I know, tis a mystery to all - someone got Gold with only around 300 posts recently, mind you that was only one week's worth of BS!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CliveBroom

Jul 06

CliveBroom says:

Accidents

In Herts where I live they have released figures that show that for all accidents involving motorcyclists in 2/3rds of them the car driver is at fault. That says to me that drivers need more awareness training to take account of bikes.

Reply to this Topic
parapanfan

Apr 06

parapanfan says:

Seems strange

that all attempts to keep us safe penalise the victims and not the perpetrators - oh hang on - that's what they do to everyone else too

Reply to this Topic
stacka-uk

Sep 07

stacka-uk says:

there is a answer

In order to start reducing this, some of the big training teams Californian Superbike School, Haslams, Bikesafe, and the other i have forgotten should pull together to put a training course together which is

A. Cheap.

B. Relevent.

C. Organised.

I have been on track more times that i care to think of, and have come off a few times. Im one of the few lucky ones and i can afford this sort of experience and training. But for most this is out of reach, so they result to race track riding on the roads. Most of which is with terrible skill.

Reply to this Topic
stacka-uk

Sep 07

stacka-uk says:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool