Skip to content

Sport James who? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Sport > MotoGP > James who?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

lee macdonald  says:

James who?

Think the treatment of motorcycle racing by the media is atrocious! Toseland winning the championship was reported on Five Live for about 10 seconds after scores from league two of the football were read out. National newspapers have tiny paragraphs about a Briton winning a world championship. BBC sport show stories as 'latest' news for up to two weeks after happening. Norick...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (21 October 2007 19:03)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
manxhornet

Oct 07

manxhornet says:

Toseland

I emailed the BBC and complained about the NON coverage of Toseland winning the WSB on the evening news and cutting thro all the c**p in their reply, it wasn't considered worthy of reporting on as they have to select what they report on and cater for the majority of viewers and Motorcycle racing is a minority sport! I don't see this sort of attitude ever changing.

Reply to this Topic
daveadams1955

Aug 05

James who ?

seems to me that British media much prefer to report the losers... football, rugby, F1... I really dont understand why they cant give more time & support for the Winners... JT is a tremendous ambassador for the sport and the country.... and deserves to be recognised by the press in the same way he is by his fans and fellow racers. Good Luck in GP 2008 James...

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

My 2p worth

Most WSB rounds had upwards of 45,000 spectators for raceday (some had closer on 95,000). This is more than most premier league clubs. Add to the fact that theres over 2 millions people with bike licences then the BBC's comments look very very suspect. Simple fact of the matter is that there is an enormous amount of prejudice at the top level within the BBC (sorry Belinda - I definately don't include you in that statement as I don't think your own top level management support you that much) and thats primarily what we're up against.

Reply to this Topic
2strokelethal

Jul 07

Disgrace

T.V. coverage of bike sport and interest is on par with the goverments constant attempts to stop bikers being bikers. I drive a 125 and hope to pass my test soon but i now find myself under a lot of pressure to pass before 2008 or be forced to take a test for every class. My point, we our now increasingly living in an anti-biker, pro-dickhead car driver society, is it any wonder JT a British hero is not getting the coverage and support he deserves.

Reply to this Topic
tracktime1000

Oct 05

James who indeed?

I echo the above comments and wholeheartdly agree with them. The whole bikes on the box is deplorable, are we really such a tiny minority that our opinions count for nothing? It really does make the blood boil and I wish we could do more than just moan about it here. Who do we petition in order to be heard? James Toseland is a two times british champion and is worthy of greater recognition than the way he is being currently ignored by the powers that be. I can barely afford to attend the british round of Moto GP but nowt will stop me being there and cheering JT on and maybe if we all voted by attending and clogging the roads for hours on end then we might just get noticed by the media.

Reply to this Topic
leepin99

Oct 07

leepin99 says:

Bang on

mate..all this crap about what wilkinson and hamilton could have done and look at what toselands done (twice)..sports personality of the year, should be, wont be :mad:

Reply to this Topic
Stu749s

Oct 07

Stu749s says:

James Who?

I have just taken a look at the short list for Sports (non)personality of the year.  Surprise Surprise Hamilton is favourite.  Ok so we expected that but Toseland isn't even in the top ten.  Andy Murray & Frankie Dettori are oh & lets not forget Tim Henman.  What the F**K have they won?

Also I can't understand the BBC calling motorcycle racing a minority sport, I was among the 120,000 people at Brands & it certainly didn't look like a minority sport to me.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices