Skip to content

News Video: 08 Hayabusa takes on the ZZ-R and K1200 on real-roads tour Bike tests

You are in... Forums > News > Bike tests > Video: 08 Hayabusa takes on the ZZ-R and K1200 on real-roads tour

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Ian Jubb  says:

Video: 08 Hayabusa takes on the ZZ-R and K1200 on real-roads tour

We've tested the 2008 Busa on it's own, we've tested it on the track against the ZZ-R, now we've put it on real roads against the Kawasaki ZZ-R1400 and BMW K1200S on a long-distance tour to Cornwall and back. Check out the video below to see how it faired against it's two main rivals. Zoom & Watch more videos on MCN |...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (25 October 2007 10:56)

Post a message in Bike tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Roddas

Nov 02

Roddas says:

tough competition

well,, those are 3 very nice bikes I guess it comes down to Looks... and all 3 have more than enough power... can I have a go please

Reply to this Topic
kiwikeith

Nov 05

kiwikeith says:

Choice of bike

Well well well, that's a kick in the arse for the Beemer K1200, and the Kwaka Z1400. All three guys, preferred to turn up to see their mates on the Busa. But the clip lacked an understanding for which bike was the best tourer. And after all that was supposed to be their intent. Wast of time, money, and gas. Come on MCN surely you can produce something better than this rubbish. Not even a written road report on the three bikes trailed. Poor effort I give the clip a 2/10.

Reply to this Topic
brynhils

Jun 06

brynhils says:

Review

Sorry, v.poor journalism. The title bore no resemblance to the actual report. It should have been titled "We get pissed & ride these bikes on your subscription costs - Cheers easy!". Absolutely nothing of any real use. 1/10

Reply to this Topic
seanogorman1

Aug 06

seanogorman1 says:

music

where do bike journo's get their "motorcycle" music from??? .......the must have a collection of cheesey rock bands who can only play the same tune locked in the basement of emap towers i'd like to ki.. i mean meet the band who play that rubbish!

Reply to this Topic
*irish*

Oct 07

*irish* says:

review

Yawn Yawn so your point is? you like it because it looks weird? or because its new? either way letting a group of Rossi wannabe's test ride 2 tourers against a 'busa!? yeah the 'Busa is good but it's no tourer, not unless you have an oesteopath at the other end! Maybe if they had spent less time in the pub and more time testing we may have got a more balanced review?

Reply to this Topic
AFKAN

Apr 07

AFKAN says:

God you may as well use the age old method... BMW - Fine if you're 65+ Busa - If you can live with an ugly fat bus. ZZ-R - Best looker of the bunch but not quite top trump material. I'll stick with my 12R thanks...

Reply to this Topic
Bob_C

Apr 06

Bob_C says:

2008 Hayabusa

Not really a surprise to find it's faster than the 2007 Hayabusa and (just) faster than the 2007 ZZR1400. Suzuki would hardly be making it if it wasn't.

Much was made of the Suzuki's low down grunt but no mention was made of how strangled the big Kawasaki actually is low down and how it's transformed by removing the secondary butterfly's. Wasn't that something MCN did on their long-term test bike anyway? I think the Suzuki's advantage would have been diminished by that simple modification.

What we all want to read though is the road test of the 2008 Hayabusa against the 2008 ZZR1400. Funny that the 2008 ZZR was not referred to once in the two weeks MCN have devoted to the Hayabusa test, not even in the conclusions. OK, it's not released in the UK yet but the specification has been published already and there are one or two bikes in the USA opening a few eyes. Come on guys try and keep up.

Reply to this Topic
southcave

Jul 08

southcave says:

was there a bike in this or just a bloke down the pub

Reply to this Topic
arthurbikemad

Aug 07

2:18 - 2:23 rideing like that on the road you'll need more than a ZZR1400 to save you, however id rather see ZZR1400 'v' Ford Tractor! It's not the track hey.. :S

Reply to this Topic
gixercarl

Sep 06

gixercarl says:

Busa

when will people learn the Busa is not a Tourer, Suzuki would not make it part of the GSXR family if it was a tourer

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices