Skip to content

News Tokyo Show: Vote on the unveiled 2008 Honda CB400SF and CB400SB New bikes

You are in... Forums > News > New bikes > Tokyo Show: Vote on the unveiled 2008 Honda CB400SF and CB400SB

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN News Desk  says:

Tokyo Show: Vote on the unveiled 2008 Honda CB400SF and CB400SB

The Tokyo Motorcycle Show has opened to the public today, and one of the new motorcyles on display is the 2008 Honda CB400. The 2008 Honda CB400SF and the 2008 Honda CB400SB are differentiated by a retro-style fairing, but both feature a new engine, with fuel injection. Previously the CB400 has used a carburated engine which has not been able to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (26 October 2007 09:59)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
youdontknowi

Jan 06

youdontknowi says:

Cb400's

Bring them on! its about time we got some 400cc bikes over here especially the naked ones! good idea i say, but will we actually get them over here? we'll have to wait and see

Reply to this Topic
bud

Aug 02

bud says:

nice but....

Good to see the manufacturers are thinking a little more realistically but why can't they produce something completely original instead of relying on the glory days of the past? This is clearly inspired by the CBX400/550 from the 80's (no bad thing) as is the new Ninja 250, basically a rehash of the old GPX 250 (which was half a GPZ500 motor). The faired version in particular does look great though and if I was just starting out on two wheels, this would be near the top of my list, trouble is many newbies don't jump on the back of a sportsbike because theres no other choice, it's what they aspire to right from the start.

Reply to this Topic
froryde

Oct 05

froryde says:

B-O-R-I-N-G

The bike has been around for ages. Time for some serious updates.

Reply to this Topic
Testament

Mar 07

Testament says:

Cb400 style

Just add some streetfighter headlights, a bellypan and pain the wheels and viola, bad ass.

Reply to this Topic
honda89

Oct 07

honda89 says:

I wonder !

Being a 6'3", 16 stone commuter, i wonder if the specifications will stack up ? I agree with youdontknowi's comments - more 400cc choice and will they be sold in u.k. and at what price ?

Reply to this Topic
kiwikeith

Nov 05

kiwikeith says:

ZZZZZZZZZZ

Another boring rice rocket. Just when are the japs going to wake up and build an Icon of a bike. This Honda they have when I was reading the guff on it I nearly, dropped off. Give me the exiting small UK bike builder from Hinckley Leicestershire's Triumphs every year they come up with a couple of winners. Sadly lacking from the Japanese line up.

Reply to this Topic
joeslow

Mar 07

joeslow says:

Well..

..I wouldn't exactly call hyper-vtec-revo vvt & combined abs boring. The styling is retro bol d 'or for the faired model, nice. But, as kiwikeith points out, Triumph are turning out some great bikes, like the street triple 675.. Can't wait to see what 2008 brings...

Reply to this Topic
nr65

Oct 07

nr65 says:

hmm

this is posibly the most boring interesting bike ive ever seen, naked one is well better

Reply to this Topic
manxhornet

Oct 07

manxhornet says:

Personally

i think this would be a great bike for someone who's just passed their test. I also think it looks great and not every one wants a sports bike.

Reply to this Topic
alexibrow

Jun 06

alexibrow says:

Too easy to dismiss it

For new riders who want something fun, fairly fast yet cheap to insure, there isn't much choice except for the grey CB400 Super Fours already about; I own a 1995 faired version, costs me £170 fully comp to insure as a new rider with no NCB and it's a right little screamer! Personally I think if Honda decide to sell the new ones over here they'd do really well. OK, so it's no Street Triple, but what do you expect from a 400cc machine? Don't knock it til you've ridden it!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices