Skip to content

News Moto Guzzi releases first official pictures of the Moto Guzzi Stelvio New bikes

You are in... Forums > News > New bikes > Moto Guzzi releases first official pictures of the Moto Guzzi Stelvio

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN News Desk  says:

Moto Guzzi releases first official pictures of the Moto Guzzi Stelvio

Moto Guzzi has just released the first official pictures of the new Moto Guzzi Stelvio, and you can read the full official press release below: "The new Moto Guzzi Stelvio completes the range renovation programme that, in little over 24 months, has seen this legendary marque regain all its past splendour. What was missing and what the public were impatiently waiting...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (31 October 2007 09:46)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mjkazmierski

Aug 04

mjkazmierski says:

good grief...

looks like it's been front-end crashed already... a fantastic chassey - slim, light, lovely wheels, comfy and sharp - dressed up like a bag of s***... I thought the Multistrada was the last of pig-ugly Itlians, but how wrong can you be?

Reply to this Topic
kiwi_steve

Aug 04

kiwi_steve says:

A new low...

While it seems to be compulsory to make giant trailie/adventure/'maxi-enduro' type bikes hideously ugly, this is surely a new low. I hope for Guzzi's sake that it rides far better than it looks. You'd think that when the bikes main rival, the BMW GS, is such a foul-faced monster it would have been easy for Guzzi to steal an edge by designing something better looking.

Reply to this Topic
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

I quite like it.

Trick for Guzzi now would be to make it so the abs can be by-passed so as not to get stranded off the beaten path.....

Reply to this Topic
snave

Aug 02

snave says:

I'm ready...

...but I want someone to ride one from John O Groats to the Horn of Africa to reassure me of the reliability. Also Guzzi, tell me about ultra-Long service intervals? Fabtasticulous fuel consumption? Cheap tyres? Low cost of ownership? There's a reason why Super Giant Trailies became the Travellers choice, and frankly, boys'n'girlz, 100cv and beauty was simply not relevant. Being able to fix it in the middle of the desert with a chopstick and tent mallet is - and that is just as important on a wet Wednesday in Wednesford, where looking the part is half the battle - Look how the new Yammy XTZ660 has a `crush Poland, Annexe the Sudetenland` kinda look to it. The Guzzi? More like `Crush my parting and mince up the Avenue`... It is, frankly, Gay. In a nice sense. But not `nice` as in, "ooh that's nice, can I have one..?"

Reply to this Topic
yamtcat

Jul 05

yamtcat says:

wooaah

christ, i thought i was ugly!

Reply to this Topic
Motofrog

Oct 07

Motofrog says:

Stelvio

Allways wanted the Quota. (previous adventure Guzzi) Must try this ASAP. Will it be at NEC. Motofrog

Reply to this Topic
lany

Aug 02

lany says:

Stelvio

Not the best looking bike, maybe a different colour will help. The painted fork protectors/fender bracket looks yuk. At least we have a another option V the bavarian bank bandits. Dependant on weight, tank size, price etc I will consider it.

Reply to this Topic
Fixer

Aug 02

Fixer says:

Reliability

With regards to "Snave's" question about wanting someone to ride from John O'Groats to Cape Town...I'm up for it! Let's see...the BMW has canbus electrics and needs a full time back-up man to restore the default settings with a computer against proper electrics which anyone with a mallet and tent peg could cure. Then of course there's the small matter of 4 valve cylinder heads with screw and locknut tappet adjustment with the plus being that you can take the rocker covers off without oil dripping on the floor. So a 6250 mile service interval, adjustable tappets (without a pocket full of dreaded shims and a calculator), fuel injection (a downside in my opinion but a necessary evil nowadays) and tubeless tyres on spoked rims that are probably good quality, and let's not forget that you don't need to "tarmac etch" the rocker covers when going off of vertical! I'm off to Milan next week to see this beauty (yes, I do wear glasses and I have got them on and I think it's prettier than the BMW equivalent) and hope that Guzzi will get it here with the same power (or more) than the 8 valve Griso.

Reply to this Topic
Guzzirider

Aug 05

Guzzirider says:

Reliability

Judging from the horror stories about poor reliability and build quality from mates who own GSs, I would much rather trust a Guzzi on a long journey. They have made leaps and bounds in quality in the last 3 years, and the newer models have proved very solid. I think there is room for another bike like the Stelvio to compete with the GS- a chance to be different rather than follow the herd and the Ewan and Charlie wannabees.

Reply to this Topic
flyingdragons9999

Jan 06

Latest trend?! Italian Design = Insects series...

Ducati has a grasshopper design. Moto-Guzzi has a bee design. What's next? Welcome to the insects world!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle