Skip to content

News Parking ticket misery Politics & the law

You are in... Forums > News > Politics & the law > Parking ticket misery

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Anonymous  says:

Parking ticket misery

I got a £60 parking ticket for being over time (11 minutes) on a parking bay in Nottingham. I wrote to explain that I was donating blood at the time and had a "slow bleed" followed by a bit of dizziness. My claim was backed up by a letter confirming the facts from National Blood Service. Notts Council said they didn't accept...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (22 November 2007 09:32)

Post a message in Politics & the law

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
52BlackShadow

Jun 03

Nottingham

I wasn't aware that bikes had to pay for most parking bays in Nottingham. Personally I hate parking wardens, and have had a few runs in with them over the years. I guess we could say I hope they need some of your blood! Cheers, Keith.

Reply to this Topic
joeslow

Mar 07

joeslow says:

No way..

..I pay for parking a bike. If there's no alternative then I'll do without whatever it is rather than risk a fine.

Reply to this Topic
R100R

Jun 07

R100R says:

I wouldn't pay it

let them take you to court.  They thrive off fear.

Reply to this Topic
parapanfan

Apr 06

parapanfan says:

Their aim is to bleed you dry so It doesn't matter to them.

If you refuse to pay it, it will go up exponentially until it gets to the stage they either take you to court or send the bailiffs round - and then you will lose out big time. Contact your local newspaper and TV peeps, raise your profile and see if adverse pubilicity flushes out someone with a spine and an ounce of common sense who will be able to cancel the ticket. Good luck!

Reply to this Topic
Jacohen

Sep 06

Jacohen says:

Thats disgusting, I think there are a special "breed" of people working for the Council. Reminds me off a sharp freeze we had in Birmingham, when the Council didn't get the gritters out in time. A lot of cars had to be abandoned due to the treacherous roads, the Council happily ticketed them the next morning!!! Needless to say the growing fury in the community soon got them to cancel the tickets. I'd definately make sure you write an article for a local paper! Good luck!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices