Skip to content

News £20m Gatso refund Consumer news

You are in... Forums > News > Consumer news > £20m Gatso refund

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Dave Carling  says:

£20m Gatso refund

Hampshire Police will have to refund up to £20m to 250.000 motorists because a Gatso camera on the A27 at Fareham in Hampshire had incorrect warning signs and therefore the 40mph limit had no backing in law. The judge ruled in Portmouths Magistrates Court that ''All speeding tickets where the signs are wrong must now be dismissed'' Even Paul Smith of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (26 November 2007 09:57)

Post a message in Consumer news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kawasakibiker

May 07

Fantastic news, good stuff :)

It's nice to have a bit of retribution once in a while. Hundreds of thousands of motorists get stung for exceeding speed limits that are too low in the first instance and the Governement makes money. Too much money, and people lose licenses because somebody decided they were unsafe even though no accident was caused by their excess speed. Is the UK coming to its senses at last? The Police forces of this country should try and work with the public isntead of against them and they might receive an ounce of respect but not until then.

Reply to this Topic
JimiR6

Oct 07

JimiR6 says:

Agree

Fully agree with u kawasakibiker 100% but to be fair i keep getting pulled over cause coppers in my area just dont like super bikes especially if there is a group of us they seem to think we are out to cause trouble. but glad to see some ppl will be getting their money back.

Reply to this Topic
kawasakibiker

May 07

I know what you're saying...

That's why I do a lot of riding on my own or drop behind the pack because you're made to feel like you're a murderer if you are all together. Take a leaf from my book and don't go for anything loony that draws attention to you like race fit cans or number plates you can't read when you're actually stood at the back of the bike - LOL. Low profile..............er, with bright lime green paint. :O Seriously though if things get too bad ALL rides will be in massive groups where nobody has a plate because that's how we'll be forced to ride. They don't realise if they gave us some slack until we actually kill or mame maliciously or set out to hurt people we might take them a bit more seriously - "Police State UK be ready to prove you are who you say you are" - LOL

Reply to this Topic
JimiR6

Oct 07

JimiR6 says:

hmmm

Well Kawasakibiker bet you dont get that whole i didnt see u there excuse on a bright green bike lol

Reply to this Topic
kawasakibiker

May 07

Actually JimiR6 I did...

I nearly got hoofed off 'broadside' when I had my Z1000 and the f**king driver had the nerve to 'hoot' at me!!!! The 'driver' came round a roundabout indicating to pull off so I started out and guess what? They were still coming round!!!!! I gave chase caught the driver (Golf GTI - very slow compared to the Kwaka) within about 50 yards (after fully circling the roundabout) and they pulled up. I honestly thought we were gonna be scrapping (well, I'll be straight. I thought I'd be going to prison after the beating I was going to give them) but the driver was so scared at the sight of an angry biker strutting towards them that lets just say they apologised quite quickly. See, sometimes taking the law into your own hands is the best way. The Coppers would have only taken the side of the driver IF they were called.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices