Skip to content

News What motorcycle do you want Ariel to build? New bikes

You are in... Forums > News > New bikes > What motorcycle do you want Ariel to build?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

BenPurvis

Aug 02

BenPurvis says:

What motorcycle do you want Ariel to build?

British firm Ariel is set to make a motorcycle comeback under the guidance of boss Simon Saunders. You can read about his plans in MCN (December 5, 2007), on sale now, but here's a sneak preview of the motorcycles he's got in mind. So far, three very different ideas are being thrown around for a bike to carry the Ariel badge,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (06 December 2007 12:58)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DrFutura

Apr 07

DrFutura says:

Vote here?

link?

Reply to this Topic
fossil

Aug 02

fossil says:

Sod it, I'll vote here instead

A square four would be nice ! Failing that, No3

Reply to this Topic
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

Yep

a square4 please. Spose the nearest they can get is hondas V4...

Reply to this Topic
rwarburton

Feb 03

rwarburton says:

Ariel

Ariel have proved themselves (all 7 of them in employment) to have the expertise to produce the Ariel ATOM which impressed even Jez Clarkson! We have a golden opportunity to bring the "British Bike" into the arena. Enfield's attempt at bringing in the "fuel injected" engine is pathetic, so we all now turn our heads to "Ariel". This is a long shot, but i believe with time, these guys can design a motorcycle that can give the Japanese a run for the money. Good luck!

Reply to this Topic
bodger racing

Jul 07

Ariel ideas

I have three ideas of what Ariel should build.(1) A supersports bike with Triumphs daytona 675 engine to keep it British. (2) A superbike with possibly a tuned speed triple engine, (that would be the only British superbike at the moment.) or (3) Another middleweight sportsbike with a GSXR 750cc engine bored out to 800cc to be the first 800c MOTO GP replica for the road. Let me know if you liked my ideas, and which one you think is best. come on Ariel do one of them!!!!

Reply to this Topic
Furque

Nov 02

Furque says:

Ariel

A supercharged non VTEC VFR engined Hypersports tourer. They have links with Honda which hopefully will continue. It'll use the engine as a stressed member but use a visible trellis front and rear subframes( much like BMW).

Reply to this Topic
siltec

Aug 02

siltec says:

Ariel Leading the Way

I would like a modern version of the Ariel leader. 250/350 twin. 120 mpg for a petrol version, 150mpg for a diesel. Automatic or manual, QD wheels that come off leaving brakes and drives behind. Annual or 10000 mile service intervals. I do not want a super whizz bang bike. I want an everyday machine, that keeps up with the traffic, economical to run, low emissions. A thoroughly modern Leader. Am I alone? Or is motorcycling going tobe all about 'how fast does it go mister~?

Reply to this Topic
Charliefox

Dec 07

Charliefox says:

Commuter Bike!

I agree with Siltec comments about a every day Machine petrol or diesel with good MPG and automatic with wheel that you can get off leaving brakes and drive on about 250cc to 300cc with long service intervals and good weather protection on the same lines as BMW C1 as I think BMW was on the right tracks but gave up before thinking it through they should have gone for two wheels on the front like Piaggio's MP3, feet up and weather protectin thats the way to get commuters onto bikes.

Reply to this Topic
combo maker

Dec 07

combo maker says:

A futuristic Ariel

The Atom is a radical car design, time for a radical bike design. Take a fuel injected, turbo charged rotary engine (mounted transverse) coupled to a counter rotating alternator powering AC electric motors in each wheel hub together with re-generative braking, front and rear active twin wishbone suspension. A 2 wheel drive petrol electric, no gears, no brakes. A traditional throttle, controlling accelleration & decelleration and a clutch lever to allow the traditional engine revving while stationary.

Reply to this Topic
Insideous

Nov 07

Insideous says:

hubsteering

I like the electric motorcycle concept, but the hubsteering will never make it off the showroom floor. I have yet to see a major manufacture series of any hubsteering design that has made it past concept which is strange since the idea has been around for awhile.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices