Skip to content

News First test report on the 2008 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade Bike tests

You are in... Forums > News > Bike tests > First test report on the 2008 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Trevor Franklin  says:

First test report on the 2008 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade

In the principality of Doha, Qatar’s Losail Circuit is the venue for the launch of the new 2008 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade. MCN’s Chief Road Tester Trevor Franklin is at the circuit testing the new Blade. Here’s his first comments about Honda’s flagship sports bike. ‘The fast flowing nature of Losail Circuit highlights the Blade’s new attitude, the bike is far,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (17 December 2007 09:49)

Post a message in Bike tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kawasakibiker

May 07

Its NO hooligan but it is UGLY :(

I'm no big Honda fan but the old Blade looked awesome and the CBR600RR is a little gem after my blast at Donington at the Ron Haslam Race School. The 600 is the better choice if you ask me now. It has the aggressive looks, the undertail exhaust and if the new ugly Blade handle like a 600 then why not have the 600 instead. :) If you're having the Blade the looks must be that of an extreme thou' right? So go for last years and save the money to do some track days too. The Haslam Race School does an awesome on track experience using the Blade and you don't have to be put off by the looks when it has a race fairing on. :)

Reply to this Topic
johnjohnson

Dec 07

johnjohnson says:

Its NO hooligan but at least its not as UGLY as the ZX10R :)

If you want UGLY, look no further than the '08 ZX10R. A cross-eyed praying mantis. LOL

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

UGLY, ugly ugly

Pretty much all the 1000cc sportsbikes available have stunning and comparable(ish) performance. The main thing differentiating them is the styling and when you have something as pig ugly as this new monstrosity it can only affect sales. The Ducati 999 was always heralded as a much better bike than the 916 type bikes however it didn't sell as well cos the common thought was its wasn't that attractive (there are a great many other bikes that didn't sell due to their looks - morbidelli V8, Aprilia Stark etc). It doesn't matter how the bike performs on the track, it would never get on to a shortlist of bikes I'd consider due to its looks. If you want to be associated as a pig ugly person then you might consider buying it but for most it'll need a different body kit before buyers consider it for themselves

Reply to this Topic
johnjohnson

Dec 07

johnjohnson says:

I take your word on it.

spondonste, you do own a TL so you have a good idea of what ugly is. LOL

Reply to this Topic
ChrisNewbigging

Jun 06

Re: TL1000S ugly

We won't have that kind of potty mouth around here, the TL is clearly a muscular design icon. Thank you.

Reply to this Topic
robhull

Oct 05

robhull says:

In the flesh in black...

the '08 'Blade looks the business. Honda has crafted something purely for performance and left styling until the end, which might not be to everyones taste, but there's no doubt the thing is going to go well. But if you're more concerned with looking pretty than going fast...

Reply to this Topic
djjonnibgood

Sep 07

djjonnibgood says:

'08 Blade

The looks are definatly growing on me! I wasnt too sure at first but im beginning to like it to be honest

Reply to this Topic
InfiniteCharlie

Dec 02

Oh Dear!

Forget the bullnose front end. You will laugh when you see how cheap & appalling the tail light/back end is! Can you tell me when Honda came up with original styling that people liked. Oh, I know the holes drilled into the 92 blade front fairing!

Reply to this Topic
wiggi28

Dec 07

wiggi28 says:

dreamers and pretty boys

most of the comments i have heard on the new blade are made by people who either cant afford one or only buy bikes to ride to the local meeting then sit on the grass poseing in there harry fandango matching leathers etc the new blade has been designed as a performance machine and nothing else its a true case of function before form ,just as many other high speed icons have been . so what if its not the best looking bike about to be honest i dont really care it didnt stop me placing a pre order .surley anybody who is truly interested in a fireblade buys it for the performance not how it looks !

Reply to this Topic
InfiniteCharlie

Dec 02

wiggi28

Congratulations on being able to afford a new motorcycle, your mother must be very proud of your acheivement. At least you didn't put your money down on the new ZX10, now that really is a styling exercise gone wrong!

:lol:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices