Skip to content

General taking on a single mum......... General

You are in... Forums > General > General > taking on a single mum.........

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

canarlee

Aug 05

canarlee says:

taking on a single mum.........

would you?

help me here please, what are your experiences? am i getting into something that i shouldnt or should i go with it?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (20 December 2007 14:03)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
seansand

May 07

seansand says:

Don't forget....

..that Joseph took on the Virgin Mary when she was up the duff.  If he hadn't have done and taken her to Bethlehem I wouldn't be able to say...

HAPPY CRIMBO EVERYBODY

Reply to this Topic
keithrob

Nov 07

keithrob says:

talk

it over between all of you, the kids inclulded,let them know how you both feel,and what  do they think of it,yes its dammed hard work,all the hassle,the aggro, the pain,the trouble,but at the end of the day,when then kid comes to you for a cuddle, or advice,or help,you can feel you heart swell up, so is it worth it ,HELL YES

Reply to this Topic
murphit

Nov 07

murphit says:

the

advantage of taking on a single mum is that should things become tight on the money front you can always BBQ the kids, I can just eat a whole one, upto the average 5 year old, then we get into the pies and curries range with the left overs.

Reply to this Topic
antrs250

Oct 07

antrs250 says:

cant you find

a single girl?.

my friday went well

Reply to this Topic
sprag

Aug 02

sprag says:

take on someone elses kids?

NO WAY man. FFS, there's plenty of single [childless] women out there without you taking on some other blokes brats and their mother.

A mate of mine some years back made the mistake of doing just that and has lived to regret it. Damn kids disrespect him all the time, have damaged his car and recked stuff in his house, they come out with crap like 'f*** of you c*** you can tell me what to do, you aint my dad' and plenty of similar stuff as well and when he spoke to the kids mother about it she just shrugged her shoulders and said 'tuff, live with it'...... charming!!!

It's your life mate but take it from me, I would never take on someone with kids.

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrog

Oct 05

vulcanrog says:

Minefield !

You will always come second to the child/kids as a stepdad.  I always have with Nina & it's very very difficult to see the love of your life make decisions with her kids that you don't agree with.  My eldset stepson treated Nina badly early in our relationship but I was NEVER allowed to step in.  If my own 2 sons had treated their mother the same way They'd have seen all four corners of a room.  He's fine now & me & him get on but early on I nearly walked.   

Reply to this Topic
KARWBA

Dec 07

KARWBA says:

taking on a single mum

I did it ten years ago the children were 11 and 7 at the time, but we got on great from the start. Normally the younger the children are the easier it is, taking on teenagers must be very difficult. It has been hard at times but all in all it's been worth it.

:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
canarlee

Aug 05

canarlee says:

well

thanks for the advice peeps, i think lol

we had a great christmas, i had to meet a lot of the family for the first time too..........a little scary but not as bad as i thought it would be................well i was the only white person there so whaddya  expect :blink:

we had a traditional christmas hangi which was awesome but thats another story........

there might be some more developements in the near future...........watch this space!

Reply to this Topic
dodgerzx9

Nov 02

dodgerzx9 says:

Lee

'a little scary' the kiwis are big blokes aint they and the chicks too:lol: nice as pie till you piss them of then............................................................................................................. your on your own mate:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
gsxr1173

Aug 07

gsxr1173 says:

ANOTHER MANS KIDS

:lol::lol::lol:

YOU NEED TO STAY WELL CLEAR.I HAVE 3 KIDS ALL MY OWN DOING AND IT IS SO HARD AT TIMES TRYING TO BE A GOOD DAD,HONESTLY,IF MY KIDS WERE SOMEBODY ELSES I WOULDENT EVEN BOTHER.JUST OUT OF CURIOSITY,WHY IS SHE SINGLE?

3 MONTHS ON 3 MONTHS OFF ALL SOUNDS DODGY TO ME.PITY YOU CANT GET A HISTORY REPORT LIKE WHEN YOU BUY A SECOND HAND BIKE.:lol::lol::lol:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices