You are in... Forums > General > General > Evel Knievel

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

upspex

Jun 07

upspex says:

Evel Knievel

Thank sanity for Kevin Ash! As usual the man is spot on. I couldn't believe that MCN dedicated an issue to this guy. What did he ever achieve? Nothing. Brave? Yeah for a couple of minutes a year. Real bravery is riding a Moto GP bike every other week for several hours risking life and limb at every turn.

We seem to have a bit of a leming culture in this country. It was the same when Diana died, everybody rushing to wail and mourn the passing of a nobody. Why? because some trendy wendy starts it and all the sheeple go a following. I am surprised that this nonsense has afflicted the motorcycling community though because I always thought that individualism was what marked us out from the crowd. Perhaps I was wrong, after all, most people ride sports bikes. What's that all about? Out of all the great bikes to choose from most people choose the most impractical! Bizzare.

Stay alive Kevin, as long as you are breathing I'm not alone.

Blackie.

p.s. Y'all have a Cool Yule.  

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (21 December 2007 15:13)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
seansand

May 07

seansand says:

Shad..

..you're a true gent mate.  Only you could tell someone to fuck off and then wish them well on the road all in the same breath.  I agree wholeheartedly with your comments about Evel Knievel - a true daredevil, showman and inspiration.  As for GP riders they are all soft puffs.  Get em on the TT course and they would shit pink.

Reply to this Topic
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

I agree in your agreement with shad to the point where I don't know what i am really agreeing about.  BUT, 'GP riders, soft puffs' I have to disagree there.

I take my hat off (don't really wear one, but) to every single one of them on the grid.  They are talented beyond beleif !  Yeah the Isle of Man is a great test of cahoonas but that's a different kettle of fish.

Reply to this Topic
Mokey

Dec 07

Mokey says:

Feel the lurrrrve

Reply to this Topic
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

Awwww Mokey, didn't know you cared !! xxxx

Reply to this Topic
Mokey

Dec 07

Mokey says:

what can i say? Im a caring person

Reply to this Topic
julianzx10

Jul 07

julianzx10 says:

black shadow

i wont take back what i said after all it was meant to be humerous.

i agree with what you say he achieved a lot, but i feel that the outpouring of grief was way over the top. especially by the mcn.

ther have been a awfull lot of bikers/racers that have been killed in the persuit of their sport, but the reaction has not been the same from the motorcycle press.

once again black shadow i wish you and your partner a very merry xmas and all the best for the new year.

would be nice to meet up with you and family sometime next year

Reply to this Topic
52BlackShadow

Jun 03

Julian............................

Worry not Julian, I'm not offended by your comments, or by the original posting from Upspex.  You be as irreverent as you wish, the man himself would laugh with us about it.

I'm afraid I didn't read the MCN article, so can't comment on whether it was OTT (I rarely find time to read the rag these days, or if I have the spare time I can make better use of it in the garage.).  When someone as famous as Evel dies it is a chance for the papers to fill some column inches cheaply, so I suppose they will take full advantage.

Racers die, and some such as Joey Dunlop or Barry Sheen are given a big send off by the press (Remember, although not a great racer,Evel Kinevel was known throughout the world in his heyday).  Others are recognised by those who follow a specific branch of racing, but their names will mean little to the majority of the public, so they don't get the same amount of coverage.

As for Eddie Kidd, He was great, but the risks caught up with him.  I'd imagine when he dies he will get a similar send offf to Kinevel, but at the moment I think he's still kicking (well, not actually kicking!) so doesn't get much coverage.

All the best to you and yours for a great Xmas and New Year, If you find yourself in our our area (Northants, not far from Silverstone) you're welcome to pop in (PM me beforehand and I'll let you have some contact details).

All the best to One and All,

Shad.  

Reply to this Topic
murphit

Nov 07

murphit says:

52Blackshad

A Merry Christmas to you and yours, and take care out there.

Ride safe

Murph and Smidget.

can offer the same hospitality, a cuppa is always on offer. Same rules PM first.  

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
upspex

Jun 07

upspex says:

Fuck off?

Shad, I don't remember asking any body to agree with me. I was agreeing with Ash. What are you? some kind of control freak? And as for the suggestion that I should "fuck off" why don't you try and make me?You bloated puffta. I'll meet you any time you want you little girl. Tell your mom you are going out first though. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
upspex

Jun 07

upspex says:

Evel

Get a grip you lot. He achieved nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nothing I tell you, nothing.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices