Skip to content

Sport MotoGP: Colin Edwards supports growing influence of electronics MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Sport > MotoGP > MotoGP: Colin Edwards supports growing influence of electronics

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

mattbirt

Aug 02

mattbirt says:

MotoGP: Colin Edwards supports growing influence of electronics

Colin Edwards believes the growing influence of electronic rider aids in MotoGP is not seriously harming the sport.  Former factory Yamaha team-mate Valentino Rossi has been one of the most vocal critics of the increased influence electronics have started to have in MotoGP. The seven-times world champion believes electronics are now taking away from rider skill, and are making the switch...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (01 January 2008 12:18)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
skellyjelly

Jan 04

skellyjelly says:

Yeah

and the next time you win a GP, give me a call with your advice!

Reply to this Topic
Oafski

Nov 07

Oafski says:

Electronics

I'm definately with Rossi and Corser on this one.

Reply to this Topic
Squashed_Fly

Sep 07

Squashed_Fly says:

Perhaps it's time to quit...

If you're slow as hell and you can only stand a chance when the machine does the work for you... Just a thought ;)

Reply to this Topic
iwalmsley

Mar 04

iwalmsley says:

No wonder........

He knows he has no chance against Rossi when they're on identical bikes. Maybe he thinks the electronic aids will help drag him up to Rossi's level (or drag Rossi down to his!). He's been in moto gp on factory bikes for years now & only ever looked like winning one (Assen) race where he fell off at the last chicane. He knows he needs some help.

Reply to this Topic
minezx9

Jan 06

minezx9 says:

Oh dear!

Colin what are you saying? You're in favour of the use of all that electronic crap? I've got alot of respect for Colin Edwards but his latest comments have soured my admiration for him. At least he's honest enough to admit he'd be nowhere in MotoGP without it. And a comment like that just goes to show how a good rider can "mask" over his a lack of natural talent with the help of modern technology. Time methinks to trash the computers and have faith in the riders right wrist and natural talent again. And as for the " all that technology filters down to the road bike blah blah blah bullshit".Have faith in those things at the end of your wrist that we use every day when we head out on our bikes.I have. For the last 29 years. A rider's talent/ability is a God given thing.You are born with it. A computer(a cheating aid they should call it)on a motorcycle is there to make up for that riders inability to make him go faster than his natural ability/skills will allow him to. So whats the point in racing if you allow a computer to make up for your lack of talent? Where the hells the skill in that?

Reply to this Topic
Jimbo Jet

Jul 07

Jimbo Jet says:

Ghost Rider

If it continues at the rate that electronics seems to these days, who will need a rider at all? Let the Tech Guys battle it out with their wizardry ! Rossi is the man who can do it with real and serious talent, i will always watch him do his thing!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices