Skip to content

News Tescos and helmets Consumer news

You are in... Forums > News > Consumer news > Tescos and helmets

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Lesley Adam  says:

Tescos and helmets

Tesco again, in Kingsway, Dundee.Here is the emails I sent to Tesco and the replies I recieved. Me: Dear Sir/Madam, On Saturday 9th of June I went into the Tesco garage, Kingsway, Dundee to purchase petrol for my motorcycle trip up North that day. When I had paid for my petrol I was informed by the young girl behind the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (01 January 2008 12:52)

Post a message in Consumer news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
GlanBandit

Dec 07

GlanBandit says:

That got me thinking

By way of a joke you should ask if the Securior/Cash Courier needs to remove their helmet when depositing/collecting cash. That might stumble them.:ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
stevowarrior

Jun 06

stevowarrior says:

Tesco, Every little helps!

Well I've had similar problems with Tesco, however Customer Services said they were not aware of any problem when I contacted them. I drew their attention to the fact that their stores appeared on both the Anti bike petrol station list and on the Pro bike list which seemed to invalidate any so called company policy. Bottom line here TESCO ARE ANTI BIKE, don't know why so I now shop at ASDA and my god their meat is 10 times better. So thanks TESCO for pointing me in the right direction, as you say EVERY LITTLE HELPS!!!

Reply to this Topic
davidh36

Aug 06

davidh36 says:

This is an easy one.....

...just buy your petrol, go in to pay, if they ask you to remove your lid tell em no, they will still take your money as you've already had their petrol. I have to say that the local Sainsburys where i live is exellent for bikers for petrol, the store is shite but the garage is good.

Reply to this Topic
Katana Paul

Mar 07

Katana Paul says:

Stroud, Glos

No problems here. Lid worn throughout refueling and payment in the shop. No comments from till staff, no problem at all.

Reply to this Topic
TT600JCC

Feb 08

TT600JCC says:

Boogie man Syndrome

Maybe in the 70's the helmet was the armed robbers attire, but today the uk are so pc it drives me mad. I work in a petrol station & wouldn't dream of asking them to take their lids off,(even before i became a biker) they already have the fuel and what security reason do you need to see there face when all i need to see is the money?? funny about the security guard though!!

Reply to this Topic
k2col

Mar 06

k2col says:

so... just take it off

Like it or not, a biker with his helmet on is intimidating to others. We should be doing our best to represent ourselves in a positive and friendly manner to others. Taking off a helmet and gloves takes half a minute at most, and maybe a couple of minutes to put back on. What's the big deal?

Reply to this Topic
Katana Paul

Mar 07

Katana Paul says:

k2col

Guess you don't ride when its cold then -- neck warmer, balaclarva, beanie hat, not to mention ear plugs / headset for iPod / 2-way radio etc, etc...

Reply to this Topic
TT600JCC

Feb 08

TT600JCC says:

Tescos

Once you have fueled they have to take your money, lid on or not.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle