Skip to content

News Video: Moto Guzzi's Stelvio first ride Bike tests

You are in... Forums > News > Bike tests > Video: Moto Guzzi's Stelvio first ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Michael Neeves, Howard Boylan  says:

Video: Moto Guzzi's Stelvio first ride

In our world Exclusive video test, Senior Road Tester Michael Neeves travels to Italy to ride Moto Guzzi's brand new Stelvio. This is the Italian firm's answer to the mighty BMW R1200GS, but is it any good? Check out the video and the full report in this week's MCN to find out... Zoom & Watch more videos on MCN | TV http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1119137831http://www.brightcove.com/channel.jsp?channel=711881422...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (08 January 2008 11:22)

Post a message in Bike tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jhayton

Jun 06

jhayton says:

about time to get the pronunciation right

Being one of the oldest manufacturers, you would think even the british would be able to pronounce it. It doesn't rhyme with 'scuzzy' it rhymes with bootsy, as in 'gootsi' Before you have a go, I am english, and used to pronounce it that way too. However, I KNOW that any road tester visiting the Mandello factory will have heard the right pronunciation! Now don't get me started on Ducati pronounced as Jewcati.. arrgh.

Reply to this Topic
toe_down_sv_racing

Jan 08

more like top gear!!!

mcn need more time spend on their propper promo vids! one thing that is lacking in the bike reporting world is a wealth of well designed and put together reports, the styleuse din this vid is much nicer than the shunt along style of a lot of vids on mcn, i like it, improvments can be made swiftly with the style! prima!!!! oh yeh, the moto? i love the longitudinal transverse Vtwin guzzi bikes, still, those head lights .... i dunno, people buy those disgusting beemer things, and these look better, so if i was insane enough to buy an adventure bike, moto guzzi gets 1 sale! i want a V8 dustbin racer of 1958 old :P

Reply to this Topic
Dazza Brecon

Jan 08

Dazza Brecon says:

Interesting bike

Nice report, being a BMW 650 rider, who is always drooling over the R1200GS. This is a gutsy move by Guzzi, however a GS beater it is not!!! BMW have just unveiled the 800GS, which to me is a smart move i saw the bikes at the NEC and loved em!! The 800GS appeals to guys like me, who would love a 1200GS but are put off by the sheer size & weight of it. However the Stelvio is food for thought, being big engined but smaller in stature & slightly more road biased,not to mention over a grand cheaper, this will certainly get a second look from bikers looking to go for an all-rounder. Good on em but i am loyal BMW, long may they reign.

Reply to this Topic
sidkof

Jan 11

sidkof says:

MNC should get the correct spelling at least!

Stelvio Stelvio, we MNC get your act together ....

This is a threat .... Triumph Tiger not even close to a scraps para orkut GSand certainly not a GSA is a great road bike .......... ACE

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle