Skip to content

News You attack us on daytime tv - and don't expect us to attack back?! Other

You are in... Forums > News > Other > You attack us on daytime tv - and don't expect us to attack back?!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Jesta

Jan 08

Jesta says:

You attack us on daytime tv - and don't expect us to attack back?!

The public display Fiona Phillips did on TV was out of line. I doubt she'll have got more than a slap on the wrist for it either. If she wants to attack a LARGE community of people on national tele then she can't expect anything but to get threats and complaints from those people. Theres one of her and hundreds of thousands of us. If...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (16 January 2008 17:52)

Post a message in Other

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
davidh36

Aug 06

davidh36 says:

Here here Jesta...

Well said...the stupid woman used and abused her position on the tele to in order to have a go at us bikers and to air her one sided opinion. Only last Saturday on a roundabout where i live i watched as an obviously very wealthy woman(driving an Aston Martin) gently eased across the road directly into my lane thus forcing me to beep the horn and kick the side of the car, needless to say she was not happy, i observed her on the phone driving a car she clearly was not comfortable with as she struggled to look in the rear view mirror ( i thought it was a kid driving at first) then move into my lane! i explained at the next set of lights....F*cking wake up and look where you are going as she made waving jestures with her arms to say sorry...The point is you stupid one eyed F*cking Bitch its too late when i'm on the floor..sorry i did'nt see you just does'nt cut it.

Reply to this Topic
kawasakibiker

May 07

Nice one Jesta, all good stuff :)

She was out of line and instead of me ranting after you summed it all up so well I'll simply add that she should have some 'real world' commuters who are bikers on the TV so they can 'help' adjust her perceptions a little. ;) Come on MCN, go get on there.

Reply to this Topic
henryscat666

Dec 07

henryscat666 says:

Damnit

Wish I had seen this so I could send a complaint to GMTV.
One-sided "journalism" is getting all too common these days!

Reply to this Topic
manxhornet

Oct 07

manxhornet says:

Glad I didn't hear her attack

cause personally I can't stand the woman! If she's not talking absolute bullsh*t, which she manages to do 99.9% of the time, then she's plattling on about football and footballers like it/they're the best thing since sliced bread.

Reply to this Topic
Jesta

Jan 08

Jesta says:

car drivers, obviously better because

obviously car drivers are better on the road than us since this woman is such a good driver she can tug off her boyfriend while driving, shame shes not good enough to know the speed limit though....

Reply to this Topic
Jesta

Jan 08

Jesta says:

car drivers, obviously better because

obviously car drivers are better on the road than us since this woman is such a good driver she can tug off her boyfriend while driving, shame shes not good enough to know the speed limit though....

Reply to this Topic
appollo1

Oct 04

appollo1 says:

Fiona Phillips

I wish I had seen it. yet again someone giving their own opinion not backed up with facts. She probably drives a Range Rover to add to congestion. Put her in the hall of shame with Brunstrom

Reply to this Topic
Stumpytreefrog

Apr 06

Fiona Phillps (Fruitloop)

I haven`t seen this myself but I really would not expect anything else from a person of lives or spends a lot of time in a vehicle of whatever description (apart from two wheels) within the areas of London. Most govermental persons and people who constantly get on the back of the motorcycling community have been given the only knowledge they have about bikes from a capitial in which most motorcyclists have learnt that treat every square foot gained is a bonus and keeping not just all other road users as potential killers within the back of there minds , but there are also pedestrains, cyclists, other motorcyclists, etc, etc. So I belive that the "fat cat (Male) or fat pussy (Female" are sat in traffic, on there mobile, watching there sat nav or DVD`s whist in there car that cost more than the house that I live in have a motorcyclist filter thro traffic passed them I`m convinced (and guessing) there pychcology is they belive they are sitting and operating a vehicle more expensive and more comfortable, beautyfull, etc, etc so why sould these bikers get to where they are going quicker than me? I reckon this is the thinking process of people like Fiona and most goverment officals thats why we are always use as name making tools for anybody who has a brain fart. But that was my personal opinion.

Reply to this Topic
iancol

Sep 07

iancol says:

Fiona who?

Whilst I agree generally with the comments made already, I have to admit that the only people who've really scared me on the road (when in the car or on the bike) in the last three years have been maniac bikers who appear out of nowhere at twice the speed limit and wonder why they've not been spotted and allowed for. Perhaps these are the ones FP was ranting on about.

Reply to this Topic
murphit

Nov 07

murphit says:

Fiona who

I do believe that this person is in breach of her broadcasting guidelines as she has used her positions on national TV to voice her own personal opinions without any experience on the subject matter. Both she and GMTV have not given the oppurtunity to those of whom she talks about the chance to defend them selves. Will OfCom be forcing both to issue a public apology I doubt it, as this is not the first time that this person has used her position to voice HER opinion.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices