You are in... Forums > General > General > Help! Lincoln, Cambs area

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

leepin99

Oct 07

leepin99 says:

Help! Lincoln, Cambs area

I need desperately to find the below described pub which is between Lincoln and Cambridge, situated off a main road, beer garden to the left of it, river running right behind it and bang next to a bridge over the road, found it some years ago going to Brands and have forgotten it. Looking on the map I think its possibly in the villages of either Belton, South Witham, Great Ponton or Colsterworth? St Ives in Cambs and Swineshead is also ringing a bell, please help me find this great pub again, we had just left Lincoln Hospital cos of a crash and wed ridden a while b4 stopping for lunch, any ideas greatly appreciated and will buy you a drink in August..cheers Leepin  :blink:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (28 January 2008 19:58)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
nev & leanne

Jun 07

nev & leanne says:

Could you

narrow it down to less than 2 counties matey

Reply to this Topic
suzukirider60

Oct 07

could it be.....

the red lion....:biggrin::biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
MrHarlequin

Aug 02

MrHarlequin says:

Sounds like

The White Horse to me.

Reply to this Topic
rebornfatgit

Sep 07

rebornfatgit says:

Hmmm

Know the area quite well. One springs to mind if you came out of Lincoln and was heading towards Sleaford on the B1188 before cutting across to Colsterworth.

The Royal Oak in Scopwick. But dont rush over there. It was gutted by fire and they are still refurbing it!!! Thinking about it you didn't lose a Zippo with "L99" on it did you???????:mad::lol::lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic
bimmerman

Aug 02

bimmerman says:

Maybe

the Old Ferryboat Inn in Holywell, just to the back of St Ives. If not, still worth a visit.

http://www.saint-ives.org.uk/accommodation/FerryBoat.html 

Reply to this Topic
leepin99

Oct 07

leepin99 says:

Nice one

chaps il give it a go on google and see if i can find it, the scopwick one sounds promising, wheres this white horse then?

Reply to this Topic
leepin99

Oct 07

leepin99 says:

I think..

iv found the place, looking at google earth i reckon its the old coach house at market deeping.

Can anyone who bikes round there confirm this, im fairly certain they look like beer tables near the river?

Reply to this Topic
leepin99

Oct 07

leepin99 says:

Nev, Lea

Just posted a reply and i think it could be the old coach house at market deeping, google earth shows some beer tables near to the river, are you from out that way at all?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices