You are in... Forums > General > General > xenon bulbs

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

seansand

May 07

seansand says:

xenon bulbs

One of the biggest criticisms of the Triumph Sprint 1050 has been the seemingly woeful headlights.  I recently swapped the standard halogen bulbs in mine for some good quality white plasma xenon ones which I got on ebay. The transformation has been remarkable with an estimated 30% increase in light emmision.  When I tested them out all the flowers in my garden came into bloom and the neighbours tortoise came out of hibernation.  Admittedly I was a bit concerned that the heat might melt the headlamp shell but up to press all seems well.

Anybody else benefitted from this type of modification ?

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (12 February 2008 09:01)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
nev & leanne

Jun 07

nev & leanne says:

I found

Riding in strong high level sunlight has helped light up the road better than my bulbs.

And it didnt cost me anything.  :sunglasses:

Reply to this Topic
52BlackShadow

Jun 03

Bulbs.........................

When I was running a Tiger (955i) I had the extra relays (so both dipped or both main beams came on together) and a pair of 100 / 120 Watt bulbs in.  When switched to main beam it was like the sun coming up!

Ride safe,

Shad.

Reply to this Topic
ranksounds

Jul 07

ranksounds says:

yep, put the bright bulbs on my sv after first service. I've been converting friends who are benefitting from the extra light output.

You shouldnt have a problem with melting your headlamp cover, the newer bulbs aren't much hotter than standard, mine have been in for over 6 months and are fine!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices