Bikes Motorbikes for Women Suzuki

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

terriwarner

Feb 08

terriwarner says:

Motorbikes for Women

Hey, I am a 5ft 4 woman who has recently been looking for a bike to purchase. I just wanted to express my opinion on the lack of bikes for women. I'm into really sporty racing bikes (ideally Suzuki GSXR600) unfortunatley I'am too short to handle a bike of this size.

After discussing my concerns with one of the sales people in a bike shop in Maidstone, he confirmed that I could maybe gain an inch in height by purchasing higher bike boots and advised that you can lower a bike by an inch (any lower will effect the performance of the bike!). My dad recommends that I get a 400 engine, but I'm unable to find anything suitable - it's either too heavy/ the seats too high or I just dont like it! It's really frustrating that I can't have the bike I really like... Any suggestions on suitable bikes? And I wonder whether any other women have this same problem??

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (18 February 2008 08:50)

Post a message in Suzuki

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
dankatz

Feb 08

dankatz says:

bikes for women

I'm not a woman, but here are my $0.02 (I'm from the states).  Is this your first bike? Here in the states we are limited with "starter" bikes. I would recommend the Ninja 250 which is plenty fun.  I think that after you gain some miles you will feel much more comfortable even on bikes where you can't flat foot both legs. Most shorter people just lean the bike a little when they get to a stop. I used to think it is an issue for me too (30" inseam, 5'8"), but I realized it is more lack of experience than anything. I feel very comfortable on a Ninja 500 (GPZ500 in the UK), but they stopped making it because it was antiquated. The ER6 is supposedly comfortable for shorter people. I sat on it and was very comfortable. It is not as hard core of a racer, but it is a blast. 
Don't know what other women do in the UK? Here in the states the Ninja 250 is hugely popular with women and shorter people.
Dani

Reply to this Topic
freebirdjoe

Jun 08

freebirdjoe says:

Motorbikes for Women

Hi, I know where your comin from here, I am also 5ft 4 and had the same problem, i have settled on a SV650, now I have got used to the weight (which isn't to bad) I love it :smile

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices