Skip to content

Ask an Expert GSXR 600 running temperatuire Bike accessories

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Bike accessories > GSXR 600 running temperatuire

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

cw46

Mar 06

cw46 says:

GSXR 600 running temperatuire

Hi, can anyone tell me what the normal running temperature for a GSXR600 k3/4?

after using it slowly like around town last night, it was up on 215 degrees. it was for only about 15 mins and my cbr600rr never really goes above 100 at all

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (20 February 2008 10:06)

Post a message in Bike accessories

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Gsxr 600

Hi cw46 i am thinking your bike is reading in Fahrenheit as 215F is 101centigrade some bikes the fan will come on at 95c up to 105c whitch is about the limit really. So 101c or 214f is dead on. Can't see it being 215c as something would have let go by now.But if it is - is this because you are just starting it in your garage to keep your battery charged or something. If so then it may be frozen or your fan is not working or your thermostat is stuck shut. Dont think it would be a lack of fluid cos you dont get a reading at all or your temp gauge would go up and down as water and steam go by. Hope this is a help. Good luck

KC&The Sunshine Band Down Under :tongue:  

Reply to this Topic
GAZZAS GIXER

Dec 07

GAZZAS GIXER says:

OVERHEATING!!

:smileABSOLUTELY RIGHT! You've got your bike reading in fahrenheit mate. This would normally indicate an import. I've got a K4 1000 and that reads in fahrenheit. Fan kicks in at about 221deg. It's a US import.:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices