Skip to content

Discuss This Snetterton BSB test hit by bad weather British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > Snetterton BSB test hit by bad weather

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

robhull

Oct 05

robhull says:

Snetterton BSB test hit by bad weather

This weekend’s Official Pirelli test has been cut dramatically short by treacherous weather conditions. The three-day test was, for some, the last chance to test machinery and tyres before heading to Brands Hatch for the first round of the Championship on April 6. But the Norfolk circuit was hit by snow on all three of the days, with hours of downfall...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (24 March 2008 19:29)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Oafski

Nov 07

Oafski says:

BSB test hit by bad weather

Thank God for Global Warming conditions could have been really bad without it.

Reply to this Topic
sniper100

May 04

sniper100 says:

Not Impressed

I was thoroughly disappointed with MSV...I know the weathers not their fault but I couldn't believe there was absolutely nothing for the viewing paying general public. No stands No interveiws No pitwalk..In fact they were all missing....well nearly all, some of the lesser known riders well three I think tried their best...I watched the Pirelli artics leave taking all their gear with them on Sunday afternoon, when I spoke to them their words were 'it wasn't happening' So I have asked MSV if there is going to be any gesture of goodwill as I bought two full weekend tickets way back...If there had been some form of British Superbike Entertainment I would have been happy...As it was there was nothing, most of the pit garages were closed up some were empty, I have seen busier trackdays.... Maybe MCN would ask MSV if there is going to be anything for the fans and loyal members of MSV whether or not we are going to get an apology or anything for paying for what boils down to nothing...

Reply to this Topic
Colszzr

Mar 08

Colszzr says:

BSB Test

I was also sitting at home all weekend checking weather websites to see if any possibility of anything happening at Snetterton. I rang the circuit on Sunday evening only to be told it was unlikely any of the major teams would run on Monday as latest forecast was for more snow overnight. I was then amazed to see that the MSV site was then stating that dry and sunny weather at all 4 circuits meant that there would be some action. From the comments made by sniper100 they already knew that the the tyre trucks had left so there was no chance of anything taking place on Sunday. As far as I know the only thing being offered by MSV is a credit against any type D meeting (cars or bikes) as Snetterton or you can get a credit against your camping for the BSB meeting there in June - why you cannot use it against a future BSB ticket is beyond me. Usual organisation by MSV I have to say, god help us now that they run the whole show, more non existent circuit improvements that they keep talking about, normal comprises cutting the grass and pinting the kerbs whilst we have no toilets to use.

Reply to this Topic
kawasaklee

Mar 08

kawasaklee says:

BSB testing snetterton

I went on saturday and again on monday to see the testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was too very disapointed as all had gone home by the monday morning i thought they would have at least stayed to let the paying public see the bikes on the pit lane walk about. I thought the riders could of also at least done a 3 lap parade i understand it was cold and not wanting to risk the bikes or injury but to just pack up and go i feel ripped off and disheartened. A very very crap weekend............

Reply to this Topic
g-12

Mar 08

g-12 says:

snetterton bsb test

to all of you that braved the weather over the weekend like myself here is jonathon palmers p.a e-mail address for complaints jpcomments@motorsportvision.co.uk i have already e-mailed and am awaiting a response

Reply to this Topic
Marshalman91

Mar 08

Marshalman91 says:

To all who are complaining

To all of you whom seem to be complaining about the weather... I would have liked to see you lot standing out in the open, in tat weather for 12 hours for all three days, Then say you were disappointed... Quite seriously, you try and do what we do, then complain.

Reply to this Topic
900r

Mar 08

900r says:

Snetterton BSB test

I agree that all the BSB riders (who get paid to ride in the cold and damp) should have at least done some sort of "parade laps". As per last year shayne byrne only appeared for a short time. I don't think it's good for the sport when the only riders on track are the ones that have to fund, race and repair the bikes themselves (when i left on monday one of the KTM riders had got his bike in bits, and probably had to go to work the next day ! )I think the pit lane walk about's were some form of damage limitation ! The blame for the poor show rests with the team managers and riders not with MSV. As for those that did go out it was worth going to hear the Vanfit Yamaha (5) David Haire at the end of the revett straight ! !

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices