Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

tommy228

Jan 08

tommy228 says:

help please

:upset:hi all i need help

I recently got pulled over by the cops saying that i had no insurance which i thought i did cause i always pay for it in one go to be safe but when i got home i phoned my insurance up and they said that it ended 1 month ago which shocked me to say the least . cause iv never had any letters saying that it was ending which i have always had in the past. so now iv insuraed my bike again but iv got the month gap where the cops stoped me and now im waiting to hear if im getting done for it wot do you guys think will happen

p.s im still riding on L plates

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (01 April 2008 15:56)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Joiner1

Nov 07

Joiner1 says:

They

gonna cut your bollocks off, and so they should. Ignorance is no excuse. :smiley:

Reply to this Topic
FERGY.1

Feb 08

FERGY.1 says:

deep

deep deep SH1T

Reply to this Topic
binky

Aug 02

binky says:

oops

oh dear oh dear 

Reply to this Topic
Northster

Mar 08

Northster says:

What do you think?

Even if you are telling the truth about overlooking the fact that your insurance had run out (which I do think is true) how many times to you think the cops will have heard that line?

You should be thankfull that it's only 6 points or so that you'll get and not a prison sentence for killing someone without insurance.

Reply to this Topic
tommy228

Jan 08

tommy228 says:

ban

6 points for me is a ban im only on a cbt and yeah i should have checked and if i get a ban ill lose ma job which is not good as i have 3 kids all under 6 and do not have a car

DAM :upset::upset::unsure:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
R100R

Jun 07

R100R says:

Personally

I would gain proper advice.  If you have evidence of a reliable insurance history you may get away with it.  But speak to a lawyer or citizen's advice or something. 

Reply to this Topic
tommy228

Jan 08

tommy228 says:

bennits are crap

the thing is i can prove iv had insurance since i got the bike in 2006 and have insurance now so they must be able to see it was just a unlucky mistake due to me getting no letter from bennits

Reply to this Topic
gazkwak

Mar 08

gazkwak says:

liciense

the fact you could lose your job if you lose your liciense and if its your first motoring offence you should be alright. would still be best to take some legal advice 

Reply to this Topic
makemineapint

May 05

Are you...

absolutely certain they didn't send out renewal documents? I always thought they sent them out religiously because, potentially, it's all business for them.
Have you moved house since the last insurance policy and not told them? If so, that could be another bollocking!?
Hope it all works out, I imagine as a first offence, you may get a slapped wrist.
Take this as a lesson, and don't forget it again!!

Reply to this Topic
nev & leanne

Jun 07

nev & leanne says:

If you go to court

Be as smart and as humble as possible, beg for forgiveness and tell them about your kids etc. I think they may be leniant.

Although................

I could be wrong :ph43r:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices